Menu
Highlighted
MysticStorrm
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect to the virgin media app

It will not accept my password, which is on the bottom of the hub.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot connect to the virgin media app

The only passwords on the base of Virgin Media Hubs are for WiFi or access to the Hub.

All the apps require you to use your My Virginmedia password (and email address).

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi MysticStorm

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

If you've not yet resolved this with Ernies help above please let us know.

The App password is the same as the one for My Virgin Media not on the router as Ernie stated.

If you need us give us a shout!

Take care

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

teabag
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

The only passwords on the base of Virgin Media Hubs are for WiFi or access to the Hub.

All the apps require you to use your My Virginmedia password (and email address).

Apart from the Virgin Media Connect App and you also have a Hub3, which will ask for the settings password on the bottom of the Hub

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@teabag wrote:

@Ernie_C wrote:

Apart from the Virgin Media Connect App and you also have a Hub3, which will ask for the settings password on the bottom of the Hub

Only true if you haven't changed the default Hub3 password as advised on the initial start up page.

Anyway, not relevant to this part of the forum as this is dedicated to the My Virgin Media app only.

teabag
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

@teabag wrote:

@Ernie_C wrote:

Only true if you haven't changed the default Hub3 password as advised on the initial start up page.

Anyway, not relevant to this part of the forum as this is dedicated to the My Virgin Media app only.

Was not having a dig, just pointing out one app does ask :-)

A few have been caught out when they have changed password - and it asks for one on bottom of Hub :-(

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The primary logon to the Connect app is, of course, your My Virginmedia email and password.

Any function you use, once logged on, which changes the Hub 3.0 settings would, of course, require you to provide the Hub 3.0 settings password.

0 Kudos
teabag
Community elder
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

The primary logon to the Connect app is, of course, your My Virginmedia email and password.

Any function you use, once logged on, which changes the Hub 3.0 settings would, of course, require you to provide the Hub 3.0 settings password.

Unless you have a Virgin SIM :-)

IllI run and hide now. lol

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

Again correct, but equally not relevant to this part of the forum.

Call me a grumpy old man if you want, but I am fed up with having to redirect posts in this part of the forum for the My Virgin Media app into the correct forums for the other VM apps.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, @Graham_A. I was only responding to clarify. Smiley Sad