Menu
Reply
Highlighted
  • 1
  • 0
  • 0
MysticStorrm
Joining in
644 Views
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect to the virgin media app

It will not accept my password, which is on the bottom of the hub.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 15.28K
  • 1.59K
  • 3.38K
Superuser
Superuser
603 Views
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot connect to the virgin media app

The only passwords on the base of Virgin Media Hubs are for WiFi or access to the Hub.

All the apps require you to use your My Virginmedia password (and email address).

  • 12.77K
  • 573
  • 2.02K
Forum Team
Forum Team
580 Views
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot connect to the virgin media app

Hi MysticStorm

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

If you've not yet resolved this with Ernies help above please let us know.

The App password is the same as the one for My Virgin Media not on the router as Ernie stated.

If you need us give us a shout!

Take care

Karen


Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

  • 4.35K
  • 589
  • 1.21K
teabag
Community elder
546 Views
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to the virgin media app


@Ernie_C wrote:

The only passwords on the base of Virgin Media Hubs are for WiFi or access to the Hub.

All the apps require you to use your My Virginmedia password (and email address).


 

Apart from the Virgin Media Connect App and you also have a Hub3, which will ask for the settings password on the bottom of the Hub

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 10.97K
  • 1.48K
  • 4.74K
Superuser
Superuser
531 Views
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to the virgin media app


@teabag wrote:

@Ernie_C wrote:

The only passwords on the base of Virgin Media Hubs are for WiFi or access to the Hub.

All the apps require you to use your My Virginmedia password (and email address).


 

Apart from the Virgin Media Connect App and you also have a Hub3, which will ask for the settings password on the bottom of the Hub


Only true if you haven't changed the default Hub3 password as advised on the initial start up page.

Anyway, not relevant to this part of the forum as this is dedicated to the My Virgin Media app only.

_________________________________________________________
Graham
I am a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. To say thanks click the kudos thumb. If I have solved your problem please click the helpful answer button.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 4.35K
  • 589
  • 1.21K
teabag
Community elder
523 Views
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to the virgin media app


@Graham_A wrote:

@teabag wrote:

@Ernie_C wrote:

The only passwords on the base of Virgin Media Hubs are for WiFi or access to the Hub.

All the apps require you to use your My Virginmedia password (and email address).


 

Apart from the Virgin Media Connect App and you also have a Hub3, which will ask for the settings password on the bottom of the Hub


Only true if you haven't changed the default Hub3 password as advised on the initial start up page.

Anyway, not relevant to this part of the forum as this is dedicated to the My Virgin Media app only.


Was not having a dig, just pointing out one app does ask :-)

A few have been caught out when they have changed password - and it asks for one on bottom of Hub :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 15.28K
  • 1.59K
  • 3.38K
Superuser
Superuser
519 Views
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to the virgin media app

The primary logon to the Connect app is, of course, your My Virginmedia email and password.

Any function you use, once logged on, which changes the Hub 3.0 settings would, of course, require you to provide the Hub 3.0 settings password.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 4.35K
  • 589
  • 1.21K
teabag
Community elder
514 Views
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to the virgin media app


@Ernie_C wrote:

The primary logon to the Connect app is, of course, your My Virginmedia email and password.

Any function you use, once logged on, which changes the Hub 3.0 settings would, of course, require you to provide the Hub 3.0 settings password.


 

Unless you have a Virgin SIM :-)

IllI run and hide now. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 10.97K
  • 1.48K
  • 4.74K
Superuser
Superuser
511 Views
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to the virgin media app


@Ernie_C wrote:

The primary logon to the Connect app is, of course, your My Virginmedia email and password.

Any function you use, once logged on, which changes the Hub 3.0 settings would, of course, require you to provide the Hub 3.0 settings password.


Again correct, but equally not relevant to this part of the forum.

 

Call me a grumpy old man if you want, but I am fed up with having to redirect posts in this part of the forum for the My Virgin Media app into the correct forums for the other VM apps.

_________________________________________________________
Graham
I am a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. To say thanks click the kudos thumb. If I have solved your problem please click the helpful answer button.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 15.28K
  • 1.59K
  • 3.38K
Superuser
Superuser
506 Views
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to the virgin media app

Sorry, @Graham_A. I was only responding to clarify. Smiley Sad