cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access my VM account, no support available.

costantinome
Joining in

I never logged in to My Virgin Media after signing up for broadband, received direct debit bills and used the service, now I need to change the direct debit account, but I cannot login, despite being the account holder and having access to my email and all possible details. 
When I try to restore my password, it says my email is incorrect. When I try to sign up for an account, it tells me my email is invalid (it is based on a custom domain name, maybe that's why). When I try saying I don't remember my email - it says it cannot find an account for the combination of my VM account number, my birthday and area code (my area code is 02, the only one I can pick is 2, which I suppose is the same, but there is no 02 in the dropdown).

And I don't even have a number to call. What do I do?

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi costantinome

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to access your online account. 

If you are seeing that the system cannot find an account with the details you provided, it could be that you have not yet registered for an online account. To create and register for an online account, please use the link here and when creating your password please follow this criteria; 

• Between 8-10 characters
  • Start with a letter
  • Contain at least one number
  • No special characters

Keep us updated with how you get on, or if you have any further questions/concerns. We'll be here to help if needed.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thanks for the reply, but I cannot do that because, as I mentioned, the system treats my email as invalid (although I do receive bills to this email and other mail from VM). This is a screen from the error I get after following your link and entering my email:

costantinome_0-1654467284532.png

It is based on a custom domain name, but it is a valid email. 

Thanks for coming back to us and trying the points that my colleague asked of you earlier, @costantinome

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me @costantinome, I have tried to create your account with the email that you provided in the private message and its saying that your email address is invalid, are you able to try and create an account with another email address?

Regards,

Steven_L

That's exactly the problem - it says the email is invalid, but that email is actually linked to my bills and updates from Virgin Media and it's my main email, so it'd be pretty inconvenient to have VM stuff sent to two emails, plus I wonder if there really is no way to use custom domain based emails with VM? That should at least be reported as a bug, I can send you an email from my address that it claims is invalid and it passes all online email validity checkers, so it's just an issue with the form at VM website, which improperly marks email addresses as invalid (likely because there are too few characters left of @ or just because it doesn't like the domain name, as it's a custom one). Is there no way to override this and register it manually?

I will proceed with my reserve gmail if there isn't, but please report it to the web dev team so it can be fixed in the future.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us @costantinome, I will pass this onto our support team to have this looked into further and let you know, if there is any issues on the system that are stopping this going through for you. I will be in touch as soon as I have any further updates.

Regards,

Steven_L