Menu
shottsj
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot VIew My Bill

Hi!

I am a brand new customer. Just got notification by email that my first bill is due. It looks very big so I want to check it. However...

When I am signed in and click on "View this Bill" in the My Bills section, I get the below error message.

Oops!

To access this page we need you to sign in to your account.

This is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!! Because it sends me in an eternatl loop back to where I started and I CANNOT SEE MY BILL.

The DD is going to be taken from my bank account presently and at the moment I have zero visibility of what I am paying for. (I get the same message when I try to look at my contract as well!)

This is a dreadful start to our relationship with VIrgin. It is the most basic and important piece of information that VIrgin needs to provide.

Not only that but every attempt to figure out how to resolve via Help, Contact, FAQs gets me precisely nowhere. I have already wasted an hour of my day trying to resolve. Including signing up to this forum.

Some immediate help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Jeremy Shotts

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot VIew My Bill

Hi Jeremy, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue viewing your bill. 

You'll need to register via My Virgin Media to view the bill. Once registered and signed in, you'll be able to see the bill in full. Try using a browser rather than clicking on the link in your email since there may be a deep linking issue. 

As for your first bill being higher, this is usual and due to the pro rata charges plus month in advance. This link will help explain that: Your First Bill Explained

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
shottsj
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath!

I think you may have misunderstood my issue. I was already registered AND logged into my Virgin Media account.
It still caused a problem because when I went to look at the bill it told me that I wasn't logged in. Then when I went throught the process of logging in AGAIN it took me back to the same place. But the same thing happened again.
A very frustrating circular nightmare.

I was not using the link from any email. Just logging into my account directly.

I found there were others on the forum who had an exactly similar problem.

I then tried using a different browser and managed to get directly to my bill. Interestingly going in via the different browser the login appled a 'bot' check that wasn't happening on my regular browser (Firefox) which suggests that there is a problem with the access via that borwser which leaves one in some kind of incomplete login state perhaps.

Anyway I got in and saw my bill and of course there is a very clear reason for the initially high bill which would have been apparent at once if I'd been able to see it!

I have posted my 'solution' on the forum so hopefully this will help others confronted with the same labyrinth!

All the best and Seasons Greetings

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apologies again but I am glad all sorted Jeremy.

Please pop us a mail if you need anything further and happy Christmas too you too 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos