cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Register

Diver138
Joining in

Trying to set up account but wont accept any password I put in. Tried all sorts of combinations but when I verify password it say I cannot use the password even though it accepts format and strength

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Diver138, 👋 Welcome to the community! Thank you for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties getting registered! I can appreciate this must be frustrating. There's a few reasons issues with registration usually happen;

1) The password you are trying to use does not meet the password requirements. Please ensure the password you are using meets the all of the following requirements:
•  Must start with a letter.

•  Be between 8-10 characters.
•  Contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter.

•  Contain at least one number.

•  No special characters.

•  No default words like 'virgin' or 'password'

2) If you are a  new customer awaiting installation - in which case the issue automatically resolves itself once your services have been fully installed and activated. (Please be aware it can take 24 hours for our systems to catch up.)

3) If you are registering with an email address that has been associated with a former service account. If this is the case, we need to get the email address moved over to the correct current account. We do this by sending a PM 📩 to confirm a few account details and updating our records.

4) An unknown or temporary error with our website.

Please let us know if you are aware one of the above issues is likely the case. We can then send you a PM to offer support if needed! Thank you for your patience whilst we get this sorted! All the best. 

Molly

We signed up for virgin media tv a few years ago but cancelled as the football channel we wanted didn't end up being part of package so email address could have been previously used

Hi @Diver138,

What does it state exactly when you attempt to register the account?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

It asks me to set password  I put in what it rates as a strong password each time but when I put in password to confirm it says cannot use that password. I even let it suggest a strong password and when I pressed enter I get same message that the password cannot be used. Very frustrating 

Hi Diver138, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and confirming the error details.

This is something we would need to raise on the account to the IT team but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs