Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of broadband

Sullyjay
Joining in

Want to cancel my broadband?

can some one give me a number or email.

so I can put this in writing
or ring me you have my number thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning @Sullyjay

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry you wish to cancel, is there any reason?

I can assure you we don't make it hard to cancel so the phone number 150 / 0345 454 1111 or Whatsapp Messenger number - 07305327112 are both fine to use. Calling us would be quickest though. 

The written address is here - Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You need to write to them at the address on this page.  I strongly recommend you ignore the telephone and Whatsapp channels as these are deliberately setup to make cancelling as difficult as possible, with many reports of phoning and taking many hours, or clear cancellation instructions being completely ignored.

Send the letter recorded delivery, be clear on the end of service date you want (you have to include 30 days notice, and I'm assuming you're not in a fixed term contract).  Know that VM customer service is so poor and unprofessional that you probably won't get any acknowledgement.  Because billing is a month in arrears, you'll get one maybe two bills beyond the cancellation date (no they don't explain that) and possibly a refund that takes six weeks or so beyond that.  It is then pot luck whether they will send you an equipment returns package.  Even if they do send the returns package, keep the handover receipt when you send it back, there's a fair number of instances of VM insisting they've not had the kit back, and then being charged a non-return fee. 

If there's any problems, you'll need to raise a written complaint, and when VM fob you off you'll need to escalate to the industry complaints adjudicator CISAS.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning @Sullyjay

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry you wish to cancel, is there any reason?

I can assure you we don't make it hard to cancel so the phone number 150 / 0345 454 1111 or Whatsapp Messenger number - 07305327112 are both fine to use. Calling us would be quickest though. 

The written address is here - Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you so much 

if only there customer service was so Informative like you they would Never have any Cancellations

thank you 

😊

Hi Sullyjay.

I have responded to your most recent private message.  Has it reached you?

Regards

Lee_R