cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel engineer appointment

stevenhay123
Joining in

Hi there,

My services went down yesterday and doing all the tests via the app it was advised to book an engineer appointment. This has been booked for Tuesday however my services are now back up and working. 

I have googled how to cancel an appointment and everything says to log into the app and cancel the appt this way. However when I log in I can find the appointment but I only have the option to reschedule. There is no option to cancel.

Can someone help me with cancelling the appointment as I dont intend to phone and sit on hold to get this done.

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stevenhay123,

Thank you for coming back to us and I'm sorry to hear that the appointment does not show an option to cancel on your online account. I understand that this can happen sometimes and I do apologise about this.

I'll be more than happy to help and cancel the appointment for you if you're sure that you no longer need it. I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

42 REPLIES 42

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stevenhay123,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, glad to hear your services are back up and running, As well as managing your appointment Via you Online Account.

You will receive a text to ask if you still require a technician, please and no once received.

Regards

Paul.

HI Paul,

Thanks for the prompt response however i'm still confused.

You have suggested below I can manage the appointment via my online account. However when I go into orders and appointments in my online account it just tells me I have no outstanding orders and doesnt even mention appointments.

On the app I can see the appointment but only have the option to reschedule and no option to cancel.

When can I expect to recieve the text that you mention so I can close this off?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steven,

The Text is generally sent a day or two before, this also askes if anyone has any signs of COVID ETC, if you do not get this you can also call us on 150 from a Virgin Landline or Mobile or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Regards

Paul.

HI Paul,

I dont have the time to dial in and try and work out the correct menu options (often which end up with me having to redial as the selection does not get me through to a person) and then sit on hold to potentially be speaking to the wrong part and then sit on hold again to finally speak to someone.

This should be easy for me to do, If I do not get the text then it is likely the engineer will turn up and have a wasted visit.

Surely your responses should be trying to understand why I dont have the option to cancel the appt on the app and why the appt is not showing on my online account so you (Virgin Media) can attempt to identify the glitch and fix the issue for me and any potential other customers that have the same.

Thanks

Steve

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stevenhay123,

Thank you for coming back to us and I'm sorry to hear that the appointment does not show an option to cancel on your online account. I understand that this can happen sometimes and I do apologise about this.

I'll be more than happy to help and cancel the appointment for you if you're sure that you no longer need it. I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stevenhay123,

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Message. I have been able to complete your request and cancelled your pending appointment. 

If you need any further help or support, please reach back out to us on the Forums so we can assist further.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I have the same issue. I've rescheduled the appointment I had for now but would actually like to cancel please 

Hi @clarksville100,

Thank you for getting in contact with us regarding cancelling your appointment. I can see you are currently in contact with a member of our team in PM's regarding this. They will do their best to help with this 🙂 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

micahmicah
Joining in

Hello, 

I'm encountering the same issue.  An engineer appointment was scheduled, but I need to cancel it as I resolved the issue. 

However, I cannot cancel it as it doesn't show up in the "appointments" section of the website (I don't use the app).  

Please, can someone at Virgin please help me with cancelling the appointment?  

Best, 

Micah