cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use any password to sign up on App

mattbotham
Joining in

I am currenlty experiencing issues with my router and I keep being directed to sign up to the My Virgin Media App / make an account with Virgin Media. However when I get to the sign up page where you create a password, it will not accept any password I type in, no matter what one I try. I am now stuck in an infinite loop of not being able to speak to an actual person about my internet not working because I cannot sign up and then I cannot speak to anyone. 

Any ideas?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mattbotham

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues registering for an online account. 

Could you please ensure there are no special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. 

Could you expand on the broadband issues you are having also please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki, thanks for replying,

Good news, I followed your advice and it worked, so thanks very much for that part.

Regarding the problems with my internet, unfortunately my internet keeps cutting out regularly for about 15-20 minutes before coming back on again. All three of the Wifi, internet and Base lights will turn green at some point during this too, before going back to normal. (its a Hub 3 Router by the way). I've made sure it is all properly connected, and the router is in a good spot in the room, free from clutter and unblocked. 

I've tested the connection and VM does say that my area is experiencing technical issues and they hope to have it fixed soon but the problem with that is the date they give keeps changing. yesterday it said by the 26th May 1800, today it was the 27th May 1800 etc etc. 

Thanks very much for helping me with my Virgin login, hopefully you can do the same with my broadband.

Sincerely,

Matt

Thank you for getting back to us mattbotham. We're glad to hear the advice helped. 

With regards to your broadband issues, I have checked the account and I can see there is an SNR issue reported in your area. 

The reference is: F009859503.

The current estimated fix date is: 28 MAY 2022 16:00

^Martin

Hi there Martin,

It’s now two days since the fix date. And the broadband is still not working properly, in fact is gotten worse it’s now cutting out every hour, and it is now seriously starting to hamper my girlfriends ability to work from home. I’m sorry but this is getting ridiculous either this is the worst fault that is imaginable or those repair dates are total lies.

The estimated fix date is just whatever the date happens to be, there is no truth in it. I’ve been with Virgin media less than 3 weeks now and I am seriously considering leave because this stress it is causing my girlfriend and myself is not worth the hassle. Even if it is an SNR issue, it shouldn’t take this long to fix and I have no idea if it even is that since I don’t have my own diagnostics to check if it is. 

I will filing a formal complaint I think. I’m not one of these people that enjoy making those who work in customer services’ lives’ miserable but this now truly unacceptable and unsustainable. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration regarding this,

Please be advised that the fix dates are estimates given by the field team, whilst of course we'd prefer no issues with the service, with the nature of broadband this can happen. 

The estimated time to fix has been delayed to 1st June.

Apologies during this time,

Kain