cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t set up vm account won’t accept any passwords

jasmin123456
On our wavelength

I am trying to set up my new account for VM.

When I come to selecting a password I keep getting an error. Your system will not accept any format, length or strength of password. It just keeps saying ‘you can’t use this password’ I have tried over the last few days multiple times and tried multiple variations of passwords. 
Please could you tell me how to fix this as I need to set my account up. It is very frustrating. 

36 REPLIES 36

Hi @Anonymous, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with My Virgin media and the passwords.
I will assist you further on this and get this looked in to.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Have you had a VM account before?

if so this could be the cause.  The system can’t cope with 2 accounts with the same email address. 

Im now waiting for their IT team to delete the email from the closed account so I can now reuse it on a new account. 

Hope that helps. 

dont believe a word...ive had 6 tickets logged in November and some as far as 3 months ago...

still no fix

You were right. I was told it’s be resolved today and surprise surprise it isn’t !!  

it can’t be this hard to wipe and old account of my email address to allow me to set up a new account!!  

dreadful service. 

Hi @EnglandHensh

Sorry to hear that you are still unable to register a new account after IT had advised the issue was resolved. I can see you were in private message with my colleague regarding the same issue. If you do have any further concerns with your email, please get back in touch with them with any new details on error messages or queries and they'll be able investigate further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I’ve gone back to your colleague already and am awaiting another solution to this mess. Clearly

im not the first person tho have had this problem so there must be a known solution. I don’t get why it’s taking to long to sort out. 

Thank you @EnglandHensh, they'll be able to investigate this further for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Please help I am also having this issue.

Hey @JB300, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the My Virgin Media account.
I will assist you on getting this resolved.
I will send a private message to get this sorted out.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi.

I am another unlucky person to have this problem. I think switching to a Virgin was a big mistake.