cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t set up vm account won’t accept any passwords

jasmin123456
On our wavelength

I am trying to set up my new account for VM.

When I come to selecting a password I keep getting an error. Your system will not accept any format, length or strength of password. It just keeps saying ‘you can’t use this password’ I have tried over the last few days multiple times and tried multiple variations of passwords. 
Please could you tell me how to fix this as I need to set my account up. It is very frustrating. 

36 REPLIES 36

I contacted vmedia over the phone they setup a temporary password for me and all is good. A bit of an inconvenience we have to do this, but this way worked for me.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tomh2,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our forums.

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with your My Virgin Media password, even after trying the fixes above. So I can look into this further for you, I'm going to pop you a PM for some more information, please keep an eye out in the top-right of our forums for the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I’m also having issues trying to get VM on my. iPad when I enter a password it keeps telling me this is not allowed as it’s my username which it isn’t. Very frustrating 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gelderdender,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry that you're having some issues with accessing your online account! I can understand how frustrating this must be for you.

Are you currently registered for your online account? If you're having some issues with accessing your online account, can you tell me if you've tried resetting your password? You can read about how to do this on our Login Problems page. 

If you need any further assistance, please let us know and I'll be more than happy to help,

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

What the heck is going on with the customer service at this company? I have called and been put on hold for 2hrs waiting to speak to a actual person then told they can't fix it so put you on hold AGAIN to speak to someone who can, I have gone on chat and been on hold for 3/4 hrs, I have come on this forum and now the collegue I have been private messaging on this forum has'nt replied in 3 days. I assume she is on holiday and didn't think to inform me. 

There are numerous problems signing in online and the apps even when your told it is fixed it is'nt, Customers are being charged for plan changes and other things they didnt agree to, 

I have been trying to sort things out since 8/8/22 when I noticed I could'nt sign in after receiving a bill that was way higher than my plan. When I got to actualy get into my account there were changes I did'nt agree to and are not in my contract. After repeating this numerous times to different collegues of VM it is still not sorted.

I have been with VM for over 8yrs now and I have NEVER had such BAD customer service from them. What is going on????

Either this is human error or your whole system needs reviewing and customers should be compensated due to the seriousness of all the errors made and having to do others jobs for them. The least you could do is compensate customers for their numerous call's, time and stress having to sort out mistakes made by your company.

I am a dissabled customer and suffer with mental heath issues this is causing me a huge amount of stress and making it worse.

This needs to be sorted NOW!!!!

Hi pmp22rd, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received a reply yet. We do try and get back to customers as soon as we can however it can sometimes take a few days depending on our workload at the time. 

I have popped Paulina an email and asked her to reach out to you as soon as she is able too. She will come back to help resolve things for you. 

Apologies once again for the delays. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pmp22rd,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Messages to discuss your billing issues. I'm glad that we've been able to resolve this issue.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to investigate this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Having the same problem today 7 months after your reply. That resolution is not working now. 

Hey @EnglandHensh thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the My Virgin Media and the passwords.
I will assist you on this and get the matter resolved for you.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can’t change my virign.net email password. System won’t accept any passwords.

I have tried Chrome and MS Edge

I have tried weak and strong passwords
I have followed the requested password criteria

Still no joy

Please help