cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up a my VM account. Error DEF01

maxmillner
Tuning in

Hi

I've just joined Virgin media for broadband, and I'm trying to set up my online account. Everytime I try to register for My Virgin Media I get this message - "Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)".

I've tried clearing cache and cookies and tried other browsers. I've also tried to find the chat service, but the following page doesn't seem to have a link to access the chat???!!!

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/live-chat

What is going on here... Not a great start in my experience as a new customer ... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @maxmillner

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, if your services haven't been installed as of yet then you wouldn't be able to create an account. It can take around 72 hours once installed to be able to create the online account.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @maxmillner

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, if your services haven't been installed as of yet then you wouldn't be able to create an account. It can take around 72 hours once installed to be able to create the online account.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Ok thanks Travis. Although this should be made clearer to avoid confusion. 

Also, for future reference, how do I access the live chat? 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @maxmillner

Thank you for your reply

My apologies for the inconvenience and all contact options for our customer service teams can be found here 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi , 

I'm sorry but that is not the live chat, that is just links to self help pages. 

Where is the Livechat service referenced here?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/live-chat

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @maxmillner

Thanks for the reply 

If the chat service is available for the issue or query you have it will appear on our Contact Us page under the option chosen.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

I'm experiencing the exact same problem.

My internet was installed on the 8th so now a week ago

I get the same error message but after a few retries it allows me to get through to setting a password.

When I try to set a new password (within the correct requirements) it pops up a message that I can't use that password - i've tried multiple times with the same message

Trying to contact customer services at Virgin is an absolute nightmare - spoken to a few people on the whatsapp chat feature but no response or updates

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Drnsby

Thank you for the reply

I am going to drop you a private message now to investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

I'm still waiting for your DM?