cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register for myvirginmedia using my ported number from old provider

Wago777
Joining in

Can't register for myvirginmedia using my ported number from old provider.

PAC number has been confirmed by virgin but I can't register with it?

Do I have to use the virgin number I was given and if I  register with this virgin number will it affect my ported number( from old provider which I  want to keep and now works on the virgin sim?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wago777 

To log out of the account using the app you need to first click on the hamburger menu icon (3 dots in the top right hand corner)

On the next screen click on Account Settings > then in the upper right hand corner click on the icon that looksm like a head and shoulders. Then click Sign Out.

sign out.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Wago777,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to register for an online account. Would you mind expanding on the problem you seem to be experiencing? At what stage do you encounter a problem? Does an error message appear?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Sorry for the late reply. Thankyou for your reply. 

I have now registered. 

The problem: It took a few days for my ported number to be active on Virginmedia because I  switched on a Saturday. Switch occurred seamlessly on the following Tuesday.

New problem:-How do I log out of the app? I have looked on the internet and it says go to the main website. Surely I  can log out via the app.

Thanks for your help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wago777 

To log out of the account using the app you need to first click on the hamburger menu icon (3 dots in the top right hand corner)

On the next screen click on Account Settings > then in the upper right hand corner click on the icon that looksm like a head and shoulders. Then click Sign Out.

sign out.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

I have already clicked on that icon and it says sign in or sign up.

I have not yet registered but confusingly I can see my plan in the app but to access other details I  have to register. 

I have tried numerous times to register, both via app and via virginmedia.com but the website just freezes. 

Wago

Hello Wago777.

Sorry this is happening.

Bit confused as you mentioned you have registered and now its showing as not registered?

Gareth_L