cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make account

Rianna1795
Joining in

I’ve recently had virgin installed this morning and it won’t allow me to make an online account 

9 REPLIES 9

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Rianna1795 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had issues logging an account with us, can I ask what exactly happens when you try to register an account? 

Thank you.

I attempt to make a password and it says that password is not working no matter how many different ones I try 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply @Rianna1795  😊

I am sorry you are still not having any luck with this. So we can best assist can you please try other browsers and devices? Also, can you confirm the password you are using is within the following parameters 📋:

Can you ensure it meets the following please:

Must start with a letter.

Be between 8-10 characters.
 Contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter.
 Contain at least one number.
 No special characters.

If you are getting an error can you please share the image (excluding personal info) so we can see what you are getting?

Thanks,

Zoie

8C858AEE-37B0-4C9C-9AE3-CAA3A4F21E83.png

You’re telling me it should be between 8-10 characters yet the app is telling me that it needs to be between 8-64 characters? 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media's password policy is:

8 to 64 characters
can only contain alphanumerical characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) and the following additional characters !@#&*_
must contains at least one letter and numerical character

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Still not working. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rianna1795, 

Thank you for the screenshot, it looks like there are only 7 characters in the password window.

Can you please try with a new password following the instructions above from me and @Graham_A

Let me know if you are still having issues.

Zoie

Yes you are correct because you told me 8 letters was the maximum. I had tried 8+ letter passwords with all the right steps made and still not working. Clearly it’s faulty.

Hi Rhianna 👋 apologies for any confusion here! If you have a check of Zoie's reply again you will see it advises the password needs to be 'between 8 and 10 characters'. 

There are a couple of other things that can cause issues with My VM registration on occasion; 

1) If you are a  new customer awaiting installation - in which case the issue automatically resolves itself once your services have been fully installed and activated. (Please be aware it can take 24 hours for our systems to catch up.)

2) If you are registering with an email address that has been associated with a former service account. If this is the case, we need to get the email address moved over to the correct current account. We do this by sending a PM to confirm a few account details and updating our records.

3) An unknown or temporary error with our website. 

Let us know how you are getting on today now you are fully installed and activated and we can always send you a PM if needed to confirm a few details and raise an IT ticket to get this resolved! If you try registering today and receive a different error code or message (for example DEF01, or AP103) please let us know! This is key information to trying to resolve the issue. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! All the best. 🌞

Molly