cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account with Virgin Medai

Acer4321
Joining in

I too can't create an account with Virgin Media - it says, like another of your customers, that it won't accept my password.(Despite multiple attempts with different passwords).

I am using Chrome on laptop but get same on your App on my mobile phone.

Very irritating. Has happened for days now. I have the following ticket after phoning up a few days ago removed . Lady said it was a known problem and IT were working on it - but that was days ago.

Please sort and get back to me as soon as possible.

Shouldn't have this kind of grief from a major Telecomms.Co.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Acer4321

Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear you've not been able to register for an online account. Can you please try using a browser other than Chrome and use the link here. When creating your password please follow this criteria; 

• Between 8-10 characters
  • Start with a letter
  • Contain at least one number
  • No special characters

Keep us updated if this has worked for you or if you see any other error codes/messages. If this does not work and you already have a ticket raised, then we'll need to wait for IT to resolve this. There is unfortunately no timescale I can give, as this is a known issue. I can assure you, we are working on a resolution as quick as possible.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Acer4321

Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear you've not been able to register for an online account. Can you please try using a browser other than Chrome and use the link here. When creating your password please follow this criteria; 

• Between 8-10 characters
  • Start with a letter
  • Contain at least one number
  • No special characters

Keep us updated if this has worked for you or if you see any other error codes/messages. If this does not work and you already have a ticket raised, then we'll need to wait for IT to resolve this. There is unfortunately no timescale I can give, as this is a known issue. I can assure you, we are working on a resolution as quick as possible.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, I tried your link ...waste of time like before.

I would like to adjust my settings on my broad band and see my bill ..and seems like the only way to do it is via a Virgin Media account....unless u can tell me of another way ?

It would be a shame for me to start giving negative feedback to friends and family so soon after rejoining you from BT.

I can't believe your IT is taking so long to fix this issue....which must be affecting thousands of your customers ?

If you do not wish me to make these kinds of posts on your forum then please keep me regularly updated of the progress being made to fix this issue.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Acer4321,

I understand you are frustrated, but we are unable to speed up the progress of the IT ticket, as it is still within SLA.

If it gets past the SLA date, then we can escalate the ticket from there.

If you wish to make posts regarding your current issue, then we are unable to stop you. But I would recommend against it, as it can cause traffic for other customers who need our help.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide