cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account because not accepting password

Scott23
Joining in

Hi,

I just subscribed to Virgin Media for broadband and received an email from the team to create a Virgin Media account.

When I try to create an account and I need to choose a password, I am not able to create the password.
Whatever password I put in, I receive the message : " You can't use that password, please choose another one".
Can you please help me ?
11 REPLIES 11

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Scott23,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues creating your online account, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

I have exactly the same problem.

Could someone help, please?

Hi Spinball, welcome to the communiy! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are also having an issue with your My Virgin Media account

Are you just able to confirm you have active and installed services? 

If you have registered but are awaiting installation of your services the My Virgin Media platform will not be working, this will resolve itself following the installation of your services. 

If this is not the case, please let us know and we can send you a PM to offer further support and investigate further!  

All the best

Molly

Thanks, Molly.  I have broadband which I am connected to now to send this message.

I actually phoned support and a lady set the password for me, but when I tried to log in later (and again today) with that password, it didn't work.

"We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again."

Dani1994
Joining in

I'm also having exactly the same issue. My services have all be installed and are working but when I try and create an account I am told that I cannot use my password (or any password it seems, having tried a number of different options). I have refreshed the page in an attempt to try again but now I cannot even click through from the 'confirm email address' page

Hi @Spinball,

This is an ongoing issue we are aware off and it's been raised with our team.

Sorry the password isn't being recognised now - are you able to go to forgotten password to reset it?

Let me know so we can offer further support if needed.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Dani1994,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

It's great to have you on board with us 🙂

I am sorry to hear you are also having the same issue when trying to sign up for your online account. It is something that has been raised but in the meantime can you please confirm your password meets the below requirements:

- Between 8-10 characters

- Start with a letter

- Contain at least one number

- No special characters

Please let us know if this works or if you need anymore help.

Many Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha, yes - I have tried a number of different potential passwords meeting those criteria but with no joy yet