cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access account in app

Sausagecob
Joining in

I've recently rejoined Virgin Media but it's still showing my old account number in the app. I spoke to someone via live chat on Monday but it's still not sorted so I can't get access to my new account.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sausagecob,

Welcome back to Virgin Media and the Community Forums!

This will be because we'll have set up a new account for you and new account number.

You will need to register for a new My Virgin Media account under your new account number using a different email address here.

Alternatively, we can merge your old and new accounts together under a process called 'move and transfer' so that you can continue to use the same email address to sign in. This can be a longer process, however please let us know which you'd prefer and we'll be more than happy to help you further.

Thanks!

Beth

I would rather use my own email rather than set a new one up just for this. How do I do that?

Why didn't the guy mention this on Monday? He said it would be sorted in 24 hours and I'd just be able to log in with my new account...

Hi Sausagecob,

I'm sorry if this was not explained to you when you spoke with us on Monday. If you were advised to wait 24 hours, it's possible that we've tried to unlink your email address from your old account.

I'll pop you over a private message so I can help you further with this.

Thanks

Beth