Menu
EducatedPork
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't Register on My Virgin Media

Hi,

I had cable broadband installed last Friday, and I'm still unable to create an account on My Virgin Media. I get all the way through the process (and receive an email to my account detailing my WebSafe options and so on), only to be told:

Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

I spoke to someone in support prior to installation and they told me that it should all just work 24 hours after installation - but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Can someone from VM help me?

Cheers,
Dean

Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't Register on My Virgin Media

Hi EducatedPork, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. it's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue registering for My Virgin Media. 

I've not been able to check your details on our system so will need some information from you. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
EducatedPork
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

For the benefit of other members, the issue was that the Virgin Media systems don't like emails with '+' symbols in them. In my case, I use this kind of notation to have a single email be filterable, and also to identify if a company has sneakily passed my details on to anyone else. So I tried registering with 'purchase+virgin@mydomain.com'. The main bits of my account (created when I signed up for the package online) used this 'purchase+virgin@mydomain.com' form without problems.. but My Virgin Media no like.

As soon as I created a specific email ('virgin@mydomain.com') and confirmed the change of known email from the other (not-working-so-well) one, everything just fell into place - and I can now sign in via web browser and mobile app without any problems.

Hope this helps someone else out there.

Cheers,
Dean

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean, 

Thanks for coming back to me here and confirming this has been resolved. 

If you have any further issues, come back and let me know Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fae
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How did you change the email address before creating a My Virgin Media account? If there is a way to do that, I can not find it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi fae

Thanks for posting.

Have you been able to get this sorted since you posted?

If not pop back to me on the PM I have sent that you can find on the top right in the purple envelope.

Take care and speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos