Menu
Highlighted
UnreadBooks
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't Register on My Virgin Media

I think I have the same problem as this: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/My-Virgin-Media-App/Can-t-Register-on-My-Virgin-Media/td-p/3752...

I cannot seem to register for My Virgin Media - maybe because the email I signed up with includes a '+'. Even when I provide a different email without a '+', I still get this message:

Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

I've been using this Virgin Media account for months now, but cannot register for My Virgin Media.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Register on My Virgin Media

Hi UnreadBooks,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums.

Apologies for the delayed reply, and also for the log in issues.

Have you been able to log in since posting? If not, let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
UnreadBooks
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Nope, I still get an error after the "Web Safe" settings stage of registration.

Steps for me:

- go to https://identity.virginmedia.com/vm_sso/idp/login.action

- click Register now

- fill in my last name, account number, and area code - click Register

- I leave the username as it is, which includes a "+" in the email (even if I use a different email without a "+" I get the error), enter a password, security details, etc - click Continue

- Web safe settings I keep as they are - click Continue

- ERROR: 

Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

This happens every time I try to register. I get the "Confirmation of your Virgin Media Web Safe settings" email every time as well - delivered to the correct email address with the "+"...

I've been happily using the broadband and TV service for months, I'd just like to register for "My Virgin Media"...

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My apologies. 

I'll pop you a quick PM so I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos