cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT REGISTER MY VM ACCOUNT

HAC00
Joining in

The same issue that I've been seeing all over the place. I've tried multiple browsers, I've tried calling customer service, which just absolutely sucks and is no use at all. It requires you to enter characters from your account password, but how can I do that WHEN I CAN'T REGISTER AN ACCOUNT. The online help pages are no useless, so I've come here.

So please, anyone from customer service, I don't want a response like "oh I'm sorry about that thank you for letting us know" and then link me to the help me pages on the website. I want to speak to someone from Virgin Media in call, no recorded messages or any other lousy attempts to help. I want my account to be activated. It is my right as a customer. So please, customer service people, please help.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The telephone system wants characters from you customer verification passphrase.  This is nothing to do with your online account password.  It is the security phrase that you chose when you opened the account with Virgin Media.  It should be printed on your welcome letter. If you can't recall it then just ignore the requests to enter the characters and stay on the line until the call gets transferred to an agent.  They will be able to ask you alternative security questions so have you account details to hand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The telephone system wants characters from you customer verification passphrase.  This is nothing to do with your online account password.  It is the security phrase that you chose when you opened the account with Virgin Media.  It should be printed on your welcome letter. If you can't recall it then just ignore the requests to enter the characters and stay on the line until the call gets transferred to an agent.  They will be able to ask you alternative security questions so have you account details to hand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @HAC00

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you on the team.

I am so sorry to hear that you have been facing this issue with logging in and a big thank you @Graham_A for their advise regarding the telephone password, which to confirm is not attached to the My Virgin Media account at all. 

What error message do you get when you try to register your account? 

Thank you