cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't let me use any password I chose when setting up account

andre2057
Tuning in

Hi guys 

Setting up my account on the app, everyone I try to set a password it says I can't use that password, I've between 30-40 different passwords with no joy 

86 REPLIES 86

Having the exact same issues here at this point i feel like i might just cancel and switch if it continues to be this hard to create a account to use the service i paid for.

BAdebisi
Joining in

Hi everyone, 

I also have this issue. For over a period of 6 months since installation, I have tried different browsers and still can't create an account because of the password error. It is totally unacceptable that you deny your subscribers access to their accounts, which should be the barest minimum requirement in a business relationship.

It is even sadder to know that customers have been complaining about this issue as far back as 2019, and VM has been unable to fix this. I just stumbled on this forum today after spending over 2 hours trying to create an account! This loss of valuable time is at great cost to me. 

VM in my opinion has mastered the art of creating unnecessary encumberances to what should be a walk in the park. I only wish I read this forum before i subscribed.

....end of rant  

Jack2013
Joining in

I would really like to get this sorted. I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to bills and payments. I have tried everything to get this to work and its becoming infuriating. I would really like a reply with a genuine response on how to rectify this.

Hi @Gazman428

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having when trying to register.

If you could please use an email address that you have never used with us before, this should then work for you.

Please let us know how you get on.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vicky, unfortunately it wont let me do this as it requests the email address I used to order the services, if I use that it takes me to a page that says as i've left I can't register. 

If I use another email adress ut won't accept a password. I either need Virgin media to delete all records of my old account or change the email address that I signed up this time with.

Hi @Gazman428

I can raise an IT ticket to get the former online account deleted.

I will send you a private message now so I can take some further details securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

AliceHawk
Joining in

My father has forgotten his password and the app won't accept any combination of letters, numbers, punctuation, etc. It says cannot contain username, it doesn't. Please help

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AliceHawk,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that your father has forgotten his password and cannot change it via the app. Can you please ask him to try a web browser to change the password?

Can you please also ensure that the password begins with a letter, contains a lowercase letter, an uppercase letter and a special character?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, 

Thanks for your reply. We've tried different web browsers, Silk and Chrome, and also tried your suggestions for the password. Is there a particular web browser that works better?

Thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AliceHawk,

Thanks for popping back to me with this update. We've had people confirm that the site works as intended on Firefox. Unfortunately, it's a bit harder to assist with My Virgin Media queries unless it's with the Account Holder as we can't reset it on our end.

We received some updates this morning that the issue was fixed overnight - are you able to check again?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ