cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't let me use any password I chose when setting up account

andre2057
Tuning in

Hi guys 

Setting up my account on the app, everyone I try to set a password it says I can't use that password, I've between 30-40 different passwords with no joy 

86 REPLIES 86

Thanks for joining me on PM @TomW241

I am pleased to update the thread that your online account issue is sorted,

Do pop back if you need anything further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Good Morning @RandomConflict, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that you're one of several posters citing this issue currently.

As I see the remedy for this issue has been shared by the original poster of the thread, can you please advise me if you've also been able to try alternative browsers and clear history/cache on your device?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried all of these suggestions (clearing cache, 3 different browsers, different devices) all with no luck. The website keeps stating that the password cannot be used. I have also tried multiple passwords, basic and more complex.

Thanks for your attempts at solving this @RandomConflict, and I'm sorry this matter is still ongoing.

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

kow2615
Joining in

I have the same problem and have tried many different password combinations, 4 different browsers and 3 different devices. Nothing works

I have purchased a Virgin Media broadband package and I'm having exactly the same issue. I've tried clearing history and cache, different browsers, different computers and nothing is working. Please can this issue be fixed asap? It's not a good start to a customer relationship with Virgin and I'm not impressed. Something as simple as creating an account and logging in should be easy for such a huge company as Virgin. 

Hi @s-lewis12,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues setting up a My Virgin Media online account. Can you try 3 or 4 different password variations ensuring that they each meet the below criteria.

•  Between 8-10 characters.
•  Must start with a letter.
•  Contain at least one number.
•  No special characters.

Please also try via the app as well as via a browser if you haven't done so already.

If the issue persists after trying the above, please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM dbounford.

Alas we were able to get this rectified for you.

If you do have any future queries then be sure to pop back up again.

Take care,

Kain

I have exactly the same issue, new devices, clearing cookies etc won't work for me. I can't register as it see's a old account and won't let me. 

NewFrustrated
Joining in

Same as everyone else (there are several threads too).

I have tried numerous devices, cleared cache, different browsers.

Yes, before I am asked. All passwords met the criteria.

As a new customer, this is a pretty poor introduction to Virgin. I have Full Volt package, installed by engineer (who was really good) yet I can't check WiFi channels/darkspots or access media via app because I can't create a bloody password. Seriously, this is not good enough.

Hopefully someone will send me the:

- obligatory welcome to virgin message;

- we are aware and looking into message.

whilst also sending me a DM to sort it.

#FingersCrossed