cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subject data access request

tenmen
On our wavelength

Hi hopefully someone can help me.  I've asked VM for a Data Subject Access Request on numerous occasions over the phone and online and they won't confirm my request they just totally ignore me when I ask for them to confirm they've received it, I’ve been paying for a sim that hasn’t been used in 3 and a half years, the first year and a half was an insight on my behalf as the sim card was purchased for my Father as a rolling monthly contract then my father became very ill and the sim card was not being used but when my father passed away 2 years ago we cancelled the account VM had still been taking money up until April this year when we realised and cancelled the direct debit (VM deny we ever cancelled the contract) I then received a letter from a debt collecting agency and phoned VM again to cancel but I was told I can’t cancel it because I owed money.  Against my will I payed the bill and phone and tried online to cancel again and everyone I speak to said they weren’t the right department then I had another bill and same again I can’t cancel because I owe them money.  I told them I want to make a complaint one person said they’d email me letter to send to CISAS and they would log my complaint, on not receiving the email I phoned again and was told nothing was logged and that they only record some phone calls but eventually agreed to cancel the account and the outstanding bill to which I agreed but when I asked about the CISAS letter he went mad and said He wouldn’t cancel my account and they were going to continue to bill me I told them I didn’t care anymore and that I still want the letter to make a complaint to which he offered me £50 which I refused.  I was then told that if I made a complaint that I would not be allowed to contact them again because of the complaints procedure (which would be handy for them if the letter didn’t arrive and I wasn’t allowed to phone them).  Later that evening I received an email saying my account was cancelled and I’ve been on an online chat with them for 9 days asking them to confirm my request and they just ask me questions rather than answering my one question.

I just don’t know what to do..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tenmen
On our wavelength

been on the phone again and now VM are saying it's in the post.  Liars liars liars

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Tenmen and welcome to our community.

We're firstly sorry to hear of the situation at hand, have you contacted the bereavement team regarding this already? As we're aware they have different security processes to us. The number to get through to that team is 0800 952 2302.

If the SIM card is in your name however, we can assist you here please do let us know.

Thanks, Emily.

tenmen
On our wavelength

Yes the sim card was in my name

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming, I'll pop you over a private message so we can pass security regarding this SIM and see if we can take a look at what may have happened to the original cancel request.

Thanks, Emily.

tenmen
On our wavelength

Still nothing.  Been informed today that there was another problem.  How long are they allowed to mess me about?????

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you do not feel they are complying with the SAR report it to the ICO

tenmen
On our wavelength

this type of behavior is why only a very small amount of people actually get to make a complaint against VM.  If VM mess people about long enough the people will give up all hope of fair treatment.  Virgin media are a law unto themselves

Anonymous
Not applicable
No true. Id you are not getting what you need escolate

tenmen
On our wavelength

My DSAR has been accepted files have been forwarded but no password.  One VM employee told me A password has been sent out in the post (liar) another said it would be emailed to me (probable  liar) and kiteworks the security company says I should have a password sent to my phone.  So to recap I assume I have the files but no way of opening them. any one here that can tell how to open these files. No lies please

tenmen
On our wavelength

been on the phone again and now VM are saying it's in the post.  Liars liars liars