cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ported number not working correct

DerekF1
Joining in

Hi, 

My number recently ported over from EE.. It sort of works, Most folk If I text/call them, it comes through to them on my "old" (correct) number, & if they call or text me from  old number, I receive it. but if I call/text my partner, it comes through on the Virgin media (wrong) number. It only seems to happen with her, who just so happens to be on VM.. if she tries to call or text me on ported number, I don't receive call or text, but if she calls/texts Virgin media number, I get call...   Its not a disaster, but would like it to work correct...any suggestions?  

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DerekF1

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the number you ported over, I appreciate how frustrating this must be and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Can you confirm the make and model of the handsets you both have? If this is an iPhone, I'd advise checking under settings that the number listed is correct. I'd also advise that your partner clicks into your contact on their device to 'Update Details' to ensure the number is correct on this end. 

Let me know how this goes. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, 

Both using one Plus Nord N10. I had already checked to see if my number was in settings>sim details.. no number listed ( was there previously with old EE sim)

I`ll ask partner to update contacts.

thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ah I see, thanks for confirming Derek. 

Are you able to reboot the device to see if this changes anything? 

Please let us know if your partner is able to contact you via the correct number once the details have been updated. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

Done all that multiple times... When she replies, she can use either number, VM assigned number or old number.... One thing we have noticed. It is only Virgin Mobile that has issues.  so I f I contact someone with a VM mobile number, it will display wrong number, So possibly, number translation for external numbers has been done, but for "internal" Virgin Mobile, it hasn't.

Thanks for letting us know DerekF1, this will need raising with our support team so I will need some more details form you. I will send you a Private Message and look forward to your reply.

Rob