Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 71 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock

Hi Kellie,

Thanks for sending your details via PM. The phone unlock will take up to 10 working days from the day the request form was sent.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Gazzmondo
Tuning in
Message 72 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Changed my wife's SIM ONLY deal and also my deal as well (Didn't realise that I'd actually signed up for 18 month contract for mine by mistake - just wanted SIM ONLY as my previous deal). I was informed by Virgin Mobile that I needed TWO new sim cards. Received them, but they didn't work. I requested two iPhone 5S mobiles to be unlocked 11 days ago, after getting the SIM NOT SUPPORTED message as the phones were originally on EE when I bought them over a year ago. Rang Virgin three times and was told by someone in India that it would take 3-5 working days to get them unlocked. So after 7 Days, I rang back. Was told they had been requested to be unlocked and give it another 24 hours. Rang back TWICE again to have them cut me off. Rang back again for someone else to tell me that they would raise another request which would take 5-10 working days? My wife uses her phone for business purposes as she's a personal trainer, so is losing money because of Virgin Mobile. I've since paid for my phone to be unlocked through eBay and it's cost me £12. Now doing the same for my wife's mobile phone. I'm getting absolutely nowhere with utterly incompetent customer service. The whole system is set up to make it nearly impossible to complain about anything as well. All i got on the phone was... "I'm very sorry, I'm very sorry". It's like talking to a robot. I now want to cancel MY 18 months contract as they didn't provide me with a service that I could use, as I had to pay an eBay seller £12 to unlock my phone. There's no way that I want to be tied to a 18 month contract with these fools, if I'm having this much bother after 3 weeks into my contract. I'd still be waiting now if I left it up to Virgin to unlock my phone.
0 Kudos
DaveCHUNK
Tuning in
Message 73 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Exactly my experience with them - cancelled and am now on EE.

Gazzmondo
Tuning in
Message 74 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Was yours a 30 day rolling contract or 12/18 months?
I've looked at numerous posts on here about people having a nightmare trying to cancel contracts.
I want out of my contract, that I'm three weeks into due to Virgin not supplying me with the service I paid for.
0 Kudos
gweno
Tuning in
Message 75 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Not yet unlocked mine - was told last Friday that it'd be up to 5 days - now seems that it should have been 5 working days (so discount Sat/Sun) but as there is still no sign of sim card working (5/6 working days later) I'm highly sceptical that it's going to be working today.  Can't see anyone on the forums reporting that it's worked - ANYONE?????

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 76 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi kellie75,

Regarding your PM, it will take up to 10 working days for your unlock request to be processed. It hasn't been 10 working days yet. I can see that you rang in both yesterday and today and was advised the same.

When the request has completed, you will be notified.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
kellie75
Tuning in
Message 77 of 77
Flag for a moderator

READ THIS IF YOU PHONE IS STILL LOCKED!!!

After my umpteenth phonecall to VM I got through to a VM UK based customer service department - I don't know how, I guess I was just lucky.....the VM guy was very helpful, I told him I was on day 11 with no unlock in sight.  He gave me the bad news that I had been misadvised by all the other call handlers and that the only way to get my handset unlocked was to go direct to the network that it was locked to. I nearly cried.  I was very sceptical about this but he assured me that this would work.  I knew that my phone was locked to EE, and so I rang EE and spoke to some really, really helpful advisors.  I gave them my IMEI number and they ran a check to ensure that the phone wasn't blacklisted.  Then they confirmed it was locked to EE and said that they could get it unlocked within 72 hours!  I happily paid the fee £8.99 and was overjoyed when I tried my SIM less then 24 hours later and it worked!!! 

I have to say I am appalled with Virgin mobile, the shiny SIM shambles has been handled appallingly.  In fairness to them they have credited my account with the £8.99 unlock fee but if only I had been told to go direct to EE 11 days ago!!!!!!  EE were fantastic and as soon as I am out of contract I will look to move to them. I hope you all have some joy getting your iphones unlocked.