Menu
merlinbrent
On our wavelength
Message 61 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock

Hi Dave,

Changing your tarrif shouldn't mean you need a new sim - I'm confused why you do.

I'm also confused what you mean by new network, Virgin don't operate their own network - they use EE.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 62 of 76
Flag for a moderator

virgin are now a virtual operator using the EE masts but using there own new network
0 Kudos
DaveCHUNK
Tuning in
Message 63 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi merlinbrent - Virgin are getting there own network and not using EE - it will migrate the people over by sending new SIMs.  

0 Kudos
Hambrose
Joining in
Message 64 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Exactly what I thought, SIM problem, but the 4g SIM does work in a Samsung phone!!! 

Totally confused! 

0 Kudos
Leonardshaircut
Joining in
Message 65 of 76
Flag for a moderator

I’m in a similar situation, iPhone locked due to the stupid new sim that was issued. My phone was bought sim free from Carphone Warehouse and therefore locked to virgin/EE. How can a phone be locked to this network and yet VM are refusing to help?

I have requested it to be unlocked by VM but not holding out much faith that it will be done. 

Anyone know if EE will still do unlocks if contacted direct.

0 Kudos
laurenjbutler91
Joining in
Message 66 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, can you please help me to unlock my iPhone 6S which is currently locked to Virgin?

I see from this forum that you helped merlinbrent by private messaging them.

Please let me know what details you need from me.

0 Kudos
DaveCHUNK
Tuning in
Message 67 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I got nowhere - in the end I got a PAC code/cancelled Virgin and went into EE and got a new contract. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 68 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Please accept my apologies for your iPhone's being locked to the Virgin/EE network.

If anyone else reading this requires the iPhone to be unlocked then please reply to our sticky here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
kellie75
Tuning in
Message 69 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Just reading though all these posts - has Virgin actually been able to unlock anyone's iPhone? If so, how long did it take????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 70 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi kellie75,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with getting your iPhone unlocked.

I have sent you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos