Menu
Peepfisher
Joining in
Message 11 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone X sim not activated!

Received my phone and sim 2nd December and having same issue. Spoke to support who told me (after being cut off twice) firstly, that the sim belonged to someone else and then, by a different person, that it was not activated and that they would raise a ticket and that it would take 2-3 working days.

Apparently there is a major system upgrade that’s causing this.

Phoned today (3working days later) to be told nothing had changed. Customer care person has had my number and said it will take 24 hours. I’m not convinced.
Asked about cancelling, told I can’t. Pretty sure I can. It says so in the pack. Hmmmm

Think I’m going to push for a new sim.

If anyone has new ideas, I’m all ears.
0 Kudos
JBGO
Joining in
Message 12 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly same problem. Received phone on Saturday, SIM card not working, called on monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to be told to wait 24-48hrs as they have now put a IT case through! Been over 48hours since this was done and still sim card not working.

Too frustrated to ring the customer services as they're service is so poor! so I've now been communicating with the store as they seem to be the only genuine people that want to help me.

I was told to call them bk on Friday if still not working so 9am tomorrow I will be calling them! And also going to demand compensation!

I can't understand why they can't just go on a system and press activate! So angry about this.

I'm going to ask for a new SIM tomorrow see if that works!

I feel sorry for the customers who haven't received their phones as they've got all this to come!!

Please let me know if any of you have your issue resolved so I can see if it helps me
Highlighted
Jillz25
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I phoned again tonight, as it’s not been 5 working days she says it should be on tomorrow before 5.30 when I first phoned on Saturday, I ranted and raved and for nothing bad the same scripted line!! If it’s not resolved tomorrow I’ll try phoning a shop, there is none near me tho to pop into! Furious doesn’t cut it!! Praying it’s sorted out as trying to get through to the people on the other end of the phone is like talking to a brick wall!!
JBGO
Joining in
Message 14 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Just rang them again, on the phone this time for 1hr and 15min and still not resolved!.

Kept being told to wait another 24-48hours and as I expressed my dissatisfaction and the inconvenience this was causing, they put me through to customer services who were going to put through an IT ticket for me until I explained for the hundredth this has already been done and I have a ref. He said he can't give me a time scale on how long it's going to take as there's a huge back log.

Been told to just keep trying to call 789 from the phone using the sim, as soon as it works call them back so they can sort out compensation.

Asked if they could send me a new SIM and even if they did I'd still have this same problem apparently so it's a waiting game.

Please let me know when ever your phone starts working and I'll also keep you all posted when mine does.

Thanks
0 Kudos
hitenp29
Joining in
Message 15 of 45
Flag for a moderator

My sim got activated yesterday but its the wrong SIM, so they will be sending me another SIM in 3-5 days which i will then need to swap out.

They told me as its the old SIM thats on the EE network and they have moved to their own network.

Slowly getting there!!
0 Kudos
Jillz25
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I’m not so paicently waiting for 5.30 to roll around if it’s not activated by then I shall go crazy!! Doesn’t help no one on their end has a clue what’s going on! Good luck to getting yours on ASAP!
0 Kudos
Crashevans
Settling in
Message 17 of 45
Flag for a moderator

You have my sympathy as I have had exactly the same mine arrived saturday 2nd and I'm still waiting for them to contact me with a answer despite me calling them every day for an up date customer services is appalling. and so frustrating Im now on the verge of using my 14 day cancellation I just want a phone that works is that so much to ask for?

0 Kudos
JBGO
Joining in
Message 18 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Iv just called them again as customer service told me to order a pay as you go sim and they will reimburse me when my correct contract is activated.

What a nightmare that is. All I want is a pay as you go sim for the phone so I can at least use it for emergencies and they will give me bk the credit I out on, to now be told the sales team are having a technical error and can't send me a pay as you go sim card!

Supposed to get a call tomorrow at 1pm, we will see. They said they are gunna look to sending me a pay as you go sim and they're going to put allowances on it for me until my issue is resolved with my pay monthly SIM.
0 Kudos
Jillz25
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 45
Flag for a moderator

You got one better than me then, I got told under no terms was I allowed a different sim or one sent to me that was active, I’m at the stage of just forgetting about it and getting a sim myself and when they phone to try and say it’s sorted or regarding the bill I’ll tell them there’s a problem and to phone back every 24hours for a week then say to wait 3-5working days see how they like it when the shoes on the other foot! I’ll have no knowledge of getting an iPhone X as my brains shut down with all this mindless patter they give out!
Jillz25
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Would you believe I phoned at 6pm, and had the phone hung up on me twice and being on hold for over 45mins each time!! Tomorrow will not be a good day for the office I shall phone every hour on the hour if need be!!
0 Kudos