Menu
bootybandy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

iPhone X delivery delay

Thank you Virgin Media. I applied for an iPhone X at the end of October. It arrived mid November. However, I have rung Virgin Mobile support (Mumbai Branch) and tried to get the phone activated. I have given my new mobile number and each time they always ask, "Is that a Virgin Number"? I go through the whole process of giving my Post code, House Number, My name, letters from my password, and yet they still ask if I have a virgin phone. "Have you signed the contract sent by email, they ask". "How do you think I have the phone", I reply!!!! After three weeks of trying to get this resolved and they don't even have a record of the phone being delivered!!! So now I have a brand new iPhone X which is unlocked and Virgin do not have a record of it. What should I do. Seeing how incompetent they are at trying to get my problem resolved over several nights of me ringing them being as helpful as I can. I am now awaiting their call to me.

Disgruntled of Hampshire.

0 Kudos
rlaughton
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone X delivery delay

Keep the phone and get a sim only elsewhere 👍
bootybandy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I see some moderator has changed the title of this post!!! It was originally "A Free iPhone X from Virgin Media"!
0 Kudos
WizOZ
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Did you try activate via iTunes ?

Also I assume you have a V sim ?
0 Kudos
bootybandy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a virgin Sim, but have not tried activating it from iTunes until Virgin get their act sorted out. They have no record of the phone or the number I received with a Virgin Sim. I have placed the sim in the phone and have rung it, so know it works. I have been on the phone for over 80 minutes being passed from Pillar to Post trying to get this issue resolved. I'm not wasting anymore of my time.

0 Kudos
WizOZ
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin replaced EE backhaul systems with its own very recently so 789 staff probably only have access to the new Virgin system.

If you can use the sim in the phone the iphone must be activated so I’m not understanding what you are trying to activate ? My Account?

If it is the iphone (and you mean you used another phone to test) you may have to activate via iTunes as the only option as the iPhone may not activate due to Virgin Mobile mess up on the new sims.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Daniel_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi bottybandy

Sorry for the delayed response.

I do hope things have since been resolved for you, if not please do give us a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789 from any other phone.

Thanks, 

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
bootybandy
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Danielle_G

Thanks, but all sorted now. Took some time with several more phone calls, but got there eventually. I would score the support for this as 4/10.

0 Kudos