cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fed up now - been trying to get sim for ultimate volt bundle

steleekezmc
On our wavelength

I am absolutely fed up of this now - been passed everywhere and noone is resolving it.

We took out a new ultimate volt bundle on 10th feb - this was meant to come with a FREE unlimited 02 sim. Ive been trying since then to get this simcard - been chatting via pm with an advisor who told me to phone 02 - 02 dont have a clue what im on about.

How on earth do i get this FREE unlimited sim that comes with my new bundle please? I dont have an 02 mobile account and cant sign up for one without signing up for an account which will cost me.

fed up fed up fed up

Ultimate Volt bundle

Gig1 Fibre Broadband, 230+ channels with Entertainment, Anytime calls + O2 sim

• Gig1 Fibre Broadband
  • Unlimited O2 sim
  • 230+ TV Channels
  • Talk More Anytime
7 REPLIES 7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @steleekezmc,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I can see that you are in a private message with an agent, they will get back to you as soon as they are back in tomorrow.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes I am but were getting nowhere.... he sent me back to 02 who have no order no. To issue me with the sim.

still getting nowhere - ive ordered a sim and have been told to get it then tied into my bundle - noone has a clue how to do this and im being left hanging now....... apparently the deal i was offered and put onto has now been retracted too - im going round in circles.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For an existing O2 SIM, you should be able to register for Volt benefits for it and you cable account through My O2. That won't resolve any bundle queries for your cable services.

Just to be clear though, Ultimate Volt doesn't come with a 'FREE' O2 SIM - when a new SIM is ordered as part of Ultimate Volt it is chargeable at £25 for an Unlimited allowance plan, but is included in the advertised headline cost of Ultimate Volt. This is how it's advertised for new customers:

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-o2

£85 a month *
18 month contract
£35 set up fee

Your Virgin Media Price
£60.00 a month for 18 months
£136 a month thereafter. Prices may change.

Your O2 Price
£25.00 a month*

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

i understand all this now but at the beginning i was led to believe it was a free sim like my old virgin one with my ooomph bundle - i was offered a good deal and i accepted it - i was told the only thing to change would be my sim would now be 02 and not virgin...... ive been going round and round in circles ever since trying to sort this all out - i gave in and accepted i would have to have an 02 sim so i took a sim out but now youre saying it should be a £25 unlimited sim - again i wasnt told this so ive only taken out a £16 sim - should i now cancel this? im getting nowhere and feel like just scrapping everything

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ultimate Volt officially is advertised with the £25 SIM but that's when a new SIM is taken out with the bundle.

Existing O2 customers can get the Volt benefits on their existing cable and mobile accounts by registering through My O2 and that would then link the accounts together.

So as you now already have an O2 SIM, you could link that to your cable account as the Volt SIM. It would give you the Volt benefit to your current data allowance i.e. double data, but without increasing the price from your £16 plan price.

But as you've said you've been informed that the cable services offer you were given has been retracted, the Volt registration through My O2 wouldn't fix that.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

im waiting a call back from someone from main management about how this has been a shambles from start to finish.... hopefully they can sort it out else ill be leaving for bt. The offer shouldntve been retracted once made as i agreed to it and it showed as being done - my account even got upgraded to show the new contract. All i was trying to do was to get the sim i was told i could have and i wanted someone to actually take lead on this and sort it out - instead ive been passed through 4 lots of people with no joy.