Menu
Wayne58
Tuning in
Message 31 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: excess data usage

Dear Terri,

I think you need to focus on the original issue that I posted?  It was not that I and other users are exceeding their data usage (for whatever reason, as could happen).

It is that we are incurring £3 daily charges for exceeding data usage limits when that has simply not happened?

Rosie22
Joining in
Message 32 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Just wondering if anyone is still having this issue? I see that the forum has been inundated recently with customers experiencing the same issue? I have been charged £36 extra this month for data useage and having inspected my son’s bill it would appear that he has been charged for using his for data basically every day while connected to virgin WiFi. This has never happened before!? I spoke to a rep yesterday who was quite patronising and said that my son isn’t being honest about his usegae! I know what kids are like but I know for a fact that his phone is always connected to WiFi as I check it myself and I have no issues with WiFi cutting out as my phone data allowance with O2 is fine. I have made a complaint today and will be reporting to ofcom as i Just think something is really amiss. The other rep I spoke to today admitted that there was an issue with this in December, has anyone had any hassle this month? Thanks

0 Kudos
LG40
Joining in
Message 33 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Yes I've still got this issue, I've phoned x 3 times and no luck getting and refund or any sense! Very upsetting!

0 Kudos
Rosie22
Joining in
Message 34 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply. I’d advise you to go through the official complaints process and if you do not receive a satisfactory explanation -  refer to ofcom, as whilst I know mistakes can happen, it’s no coincidence that this has happened to so many other people. 

0 Kudos
alistair12
Joining in
Message 35 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Yes go through official complaints process I got my contract cancelled on Friday and was told I had been dealt with appallingly by the idiots on the end of the 789 number(liars). Tell them you want a deadlock letter so you can go to Ofcom good luck everyone.

0 Kudos
nickc12
Joining in
Message 36 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Yes I still have the same issue not been able to resolve it yet as I am still waiting for my online mobile account statement to be fixed (see earlier posts). I do need to chase this up again but other things have taken priority lately. It is my intention to continue this fight in the next few days. 

0 Kudos
helenravens
Joining in
Message 37 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have had the same problem - charged £30 extra on my bill this month for ‘exceeding my daily data allowance ‘ on ten separate days (£3/day) even though I had not used up my monthly allowance. I phoned virgin customer service to see why I had been charged. The agent just kept saying I had exceeded my daily allowance. I explained that I check my allowance regularly using the Virgin MyAccount app and I had never gone over my limit. She kept saying I should have checked my online billing and said I would have been sent 3 separate warning  texts saying how much usage I had used. I checked and I had received none but she was insistent that they had been sent. The only text I received from them that month was one saying my allowances had been refreshed and to use their app to check my usage - which I had done the month in question. I quoted several of the comments posted on this forum (thank God for them!) and said it was a known problem. The agent just would not accept anything I said and was really quite argumentative and then the phone went dead after 18 minutes. I thought she had put the phone down on me. After a few minutes she did phone me back again and said we had been disconnected (?). This time she said that there had been a systems glitch, that I had been charged incorrectly and I would be refunded the £30 and that they were working on it! Exactly what I had been saying.   No apology at all and left wondering if it would happen again  and wonder how many customers are overpaying as they certainly don’t seem to want to contact you or even believe you when you contact them. A very very. disappointed customer.

0 Kudos
LG40
Joining in
Message 38 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Wow that's amazing you got a reply! So after my extra charge for December data use and 5 phone calls and 1 letter Virgin have refunded half the extra data charge. I don't feel it's correct or fair but I've given up which is probably what they want! They have added it as credit to my account so we'll see what happens from now on although I'm looking to move phone company after all this palava! It's so frustrating and rubbish customer service.

0 Kudos
nickc12
Joining in
Message 39 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Yes same here got partial refund out of the blue. No explanation or communication given just appeared in my bill .Im afraid They have beaten me I am giving up spent too much time and effort on this .I have temporarily sorted the problem by installing an app that blocks everything on my phone from accessing the internet via mobile data it works 100%.If anybody is interested I can post the name here. I shouldn't have to do this but it saves me money and hassle. My contract is up in two weeks and will not be returning to Virgin mobile,they have already sent me a text asking me to get a new contract. No other suppliers I know have had these problems and treat their customers so appallingly. I have Virgin TV, Broadband, and phone along with another two mobiles and have used Virgin back to before Telewest days. I will in time move the whole package when contracts end. No attempt has been made by Virgin to help me in anyway,  The problem was always my fault, promises to be called back by a manager were never fulfilled, issues with online billing statements never resolved and some of the operators were downright rude.

I know it will mean nothing to Virgin that I will in time stop using all Virgin Mediaproducts but I feel I have made my point and it makes me feel better!! There customer service is non existent. I would never recommend Virgin to anyone very quick to grab your money and then forget about you.

I whish the rest of you the best of luck dealing with this shambles of a company.

0 Kudos
Rosie22
Joining in
Message 40 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you two have gotten somewhere! My cause is now undergoing adjudication by CISAS and I’ve also reported this issue to BBC watchdog as VIrgin have denied that there is an issue despite me showing evidence to the contrary. It’s unfair though that they are crediting some customers and not others and a credit is very different than a refund, I’d be insisting that they refund the money taken in error as it’s effectively stealing. Good luck to everyone going through the same issue. 

0 Kudos