Menu
nickc12
Joining in
Message 41 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Re: excess data usage

Good for you for persevering with it. I ‘m afraid you have more patience than I have. I will be watching the thread to see any if there are any future developments.

As I mentioned in previous post I didn't understand the credit as there was no explanation given but you are correct some people appear to have been given credits and others not.I appreciate the difference re credit and refund but I took what was offered I'm afraid.

Best of luck

0 Kudos
Wayne58
Tuning in
Message 42 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I started this thread back in January.  I've just been over-charged for the fifth month in a row (for alleged excess use of data allowance, when I've only ever used 65-80%).

Virgin clearly know there's a problem with their billing system and, OK, do  get refunds (the first two times), or credit (the last two times) - but the credit paid this month for an over-charge the previous month only masks the over-charge this month.  There's no rhyme or reason to what is happening and I'm spending a lot of time checking my bills, and telephoning or writing to Virgin Mobile.  

If I have same problem for the sixth month in a row, I'm moving to another provider.

Good luck to you all !!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 43 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with being incorrectly charged for exceeding your data allowance. I'd like to look into this further for you, but I will need to take more details first.

If you are still having an issue with this, I will need to take more details in order to look into this for you. Please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
nickc12
Joining in
Message 44 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the post. I'm afraid you are too late for me this has been going on since December 2017 there has been plenty of time for virgin to sort my problems out. I am fed up of false promises and lies and being ripped off. Im off with a new contract with someone else and will still be moving my whole account when the contracts come to an end.

Its a relief to be free and not worry about being overcharged every month.

0 Kudos
Rosie22
Joining in
Message 45 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Wayne, have you report d this to CISAS? I’ve informed Watchdognof this issue too, it’s a complete disgrace. 

0 Kudos
Wayne58
Tuning in
Message 46 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Dear Terri,
Have you received my PM reply including full text of letter to VM Sustomer Services? I tried to send this, then got a message saying I had exceeded the number of PMs allowed !!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 47 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wayne58,

No, I didn't receive your private message.

In order to assist further, I will need to take more information from you. I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
pat333
Joining in
Message 48 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri, can I pm you too? I have the same problem, helpline is not being helpful. They don't even want to file formal complaint, insist on me to send a letter by post.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi there pat333, welcome to our forums.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues.

What did the team advise when you spoke with them regarding this?

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
alistair12
Joining in
Message 50 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan I'll take a guess at what they said something along these lines

It's not our problem

Turn off your mobile data you don't need it

We'll call you back in a few days to see if it's changed and never call back

We'll send you a letter of deadlock and then deny all knowledge 1 month late

All anybody needs to do is call the UK complaints line who will sort you out and not blatantly lie to you like the foreign call centre.

Good luck everyone.

Alistair

0 Kudos