Menu
Xsaraimp73
Joining in
Message 51 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Re: excess data usage

I am so pleased to have found this thread as I have just experienced a significantly inflated bill for excess data usage for the WHOLE of September and have been charged £3 per day for use of the internet where it was allegedly in use every hour for 24 hrs! My bill this month should have been £6.50 (including 50p for sending a picture message) however, the bill received was £96.00. I have contacted customer services on several occasions over a period of nearly one week with limited success, and am now in text discussions to resolve this matter. In all of the time as a Virgin customer I have not experienced this issue before. It would have been useful to have an alert (before the cost escalated) to the fact data usage was being exceeded, just as they do when they inform you of data add ons they recommend you purchase, one of which I had bought the month before. 

One query; would purchasing an add on alter my data settings?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 52 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Xsaraimp73,

Thank you for your message. I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened.

Purchasing a data add on wouldn't adjust your data settings it would simply add the additional amount of data you've bought to your tariff. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
alistair12
Joining in
Message 53 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Martin

They were only asking the question because virgin mobile are STEALING £3 a day from them and it is a worrying concern.

Alistair

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 54 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi alistair12,

Thank you for your comment. I'm sorry to hear that you feel this is the case. I can assure you we don't steal from our customers. 

Are you currently having issues with your bill?

^Martin

0 Kudos
alistair12
Joining in
Message 55 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

If you had bothered to read through this thread you would have seen that I had major issues with data being used all throughout the night  whilst connected to virgin Wi-Fi all on my 11 year old daughters phone who was obviously asleep àt these times. I eventually got through to the complaints dept in England who agreed that I had been treated atrociously and cancelled my contract and refunded any excess charges 😁😁. I am simply trying to say that you know about these issues yet still try to blame the customer I would not recommend virgin mobile to anybody I know.

Regards 

Alistair

0 Kudos
Xsaraimp73
Joining in
Message 56 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin, 

Can you explain how this has never occurred before?

When I received my bill, I 'phoned a friend' (nephew aged 13) as had no idea why I had incurred this huge cost. He talked me through the process of checking my data usage which showed it on, however I had no knowledge of this and had no idea why it was on. I then spoke to customer services multiple times and was given the same stock answer.  I was advised by my nephew to try the leaving us? page which resulted in more effective communication. 

Your colleague responded to my text messages and offered me £22 to help towards the bill on Sunday, however he was going off shift at 5.  When I told him I was contacting the forum, he asked me if I was disputing this offer. He said he would pick this up the next day and since then I have had no further communication (Wednesday evening)! 

Not impressed, as this issue is now in into the third week of contacting people. Although its the first problem I've had, I wouldn't recommend this provider to others.

Regards,

Michael 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 57 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Xsaraimp73,

How did you communicate with the agent who offered the £22?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xsaraimp73
Joining in
Message 58 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

Via the text service.

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
Xsaraimp73
Joining in
Message 59 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

You have not replied to this response in two days.

This dispute is now in it's 5th week of interacting with Virgin Mobile staff to resolve this matter.

I received a £22 discount off my bill from the poor person you are now going to admonish/ tell off for giving me this discount. This reduced the bill to £74.00 for a month's usage plus original package charge. 

I will pursue this as I'm not happy in the charge and the way this was communicated.

I found out about this via my monthly bill.

When you encourage users to top up or add packages this appears on the same day,as an alert on their phone, which is processed the same day!  Notification of excess usage not produced until one calendar month later? 

Can you explain to me and other forum user's the difference please?

Kind regards,

Michael.

0 Kudos
alistair12
Joining in
Message 60 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michael

Martin has been quiet over the last few days hasn't he !!!!!!!!

Alistair

0 Kudos