cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default account

agaj
Joining in

Hello, i hope someone can help me! i have been a customer with Virgin for 6 + years and in mid-July 2021 my internet stopped working. Every day for two weeks I was told that the engineer is coming to fix it but no one had turned up. on the 27th July when I called again I was told that there is no engineers until 25th August so that means I already did 2 weeks with no internet and was facing another 3. I had no choice but to cancel my contract. i was told that i should be given 30-day notice however due my circumstances that will be waived. i was told that my bill will be issued but credited later on. Now i have a default account on my credit. I have emailed vigring and they have confirmed that the default is correct. Know one is explaining on what ground this is correct. I only find out that i have a default because i was refused credit. i had no email or letter advising that virgin is planning to do this. I contact experian and they contacted virgin on my behalf and again it was confirmed that the default was correct. I really need to understand on what ground this is correct. I had no internet for 2 weeks and was using my hotspot so that i can continue to work. i have proof as my phone bill was nearly 1000£. i am so so disappointed and upset how virgin treated me.i was a loyal customer for over 6 years. 

Please can someone let me know who i can speak with it regarding this matter 

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi agaj, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a default added to your credit file. When leaving Virgin Media, if after a final bill was produced, there was an outstanding balance then this would need to be paid. 

Before registering a default, we would have tried to get in contact with you and the outstanding balance would be referred to a debt collector to try and reclaim. If it still remained outstanding, we would then update the credit file with the default. 

If the teams have already confirmed the default is correct then we wouldn't be able to remove this. If there is an outstanding balance still, you can pay this and the credit default would be updated to satisfied. 

I hope this explains things a little better for you. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs