cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit limit

Johnmartinupper
Joining in

Whenever my wife uses the preset numbers in her contacts list to make a call she gets the message that she does not have enough credit despite having an unlimited calls allowance on her account. But when she dials the same number on her keypad there is no problem. Obviously she wants to be able to call from her contacts list. can you solve this strange problem?

7 REPLIES 7

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Johnmartinupper,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear your Wife is having this issue. Strange indeed!

Has she tried deleting the contact number concerned from her contact list before adding it again to see if the same issue occurs?

Is it happening on all saved contacts?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Johnmartinupper
Joining in

Yes I tried deleting and reinstalling to no effect and yes all contacts have the same problem 

Thanks for clarifying.

Can your Wife try putting the sim in a different handset to test the issue?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Johnmartinupper
Joining in

Thanks Ayisha

will give it a go and come back later

Thanks @Johnmartinupper,

Keep us posted so we can offer further support if needed.

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Johnmartinupper
Joining in

Hi Ayisha

We do not have a functioning phone that will take the SIM card from my wife's phone.

On a hunch I set a spending cap for charges outside of her allowance to see if that had any effect.

Weirder and weider . . . the message has now changed to "sorry that number is not recognized"  or something like that and in one case the message appears to sound as if it is in Dutch! is this a faulty SIM card?? and would virgin change it at no cost?

John

Hi @Johnmartinupper

Thanks for coming back to us.

I am going to send you a private message so I can obtain some further details from you securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide