cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit file amendment

gpbaker
Joining in

Hi,

Failed a credit check recently on a remortage to find out it was because of a £12.56 debt owed to Virgin Mobile from 3 years ago that I had never been notified about - which I have now paid (16th April)

What is the process that Virgin follow, and when to update the credit reference agencies to show that this is now resolved/settled?

I've been an Ultimate Oomph customer for years now so found it a little unbelievable that you've been registering this as a default for over 3 years dispite me giving you well over £100 each month for the TV/broadband bundle.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi gpbaker.

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've had some problems with your credit file, I can certainly understand how frustrating this must be.

If you have paid the debt that was previously owed, this should be reflected in your next credit report. However, if this isn't the case, I would recommend that you email our team at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk.

Please let me know if you need any more help with this.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

thank Laurie,

Credit report showed as default all the way up to March 21, I found out about the issue and paid mid April. I assume that you will be updating the credit reference agencies at the beginning of May with April data (and therefore showing I have now settled the account). 

Fair assumption?

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi gpbaker,

Thanks for getting back to me. It can take up to 28 days for your credit file to be updated.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team