Menu
Keith772
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

cannot make calls

I have an old phone which was switched to T mobile in the sim swap which has been cut off because I did not make a call in the last 90 days.  Called customer service and could not pass security because the password I gave is not recognised.  Its a car number and all I can think of is that the girl entered it wrongly.

I cannot remember the date of the last top up except that it was in the middle of last year but I do know the balance on the phone.  Customer service say they cannot do anything without security.  My wife is in hospital and I wanted to give her this phone so she could call me.  Its on the £2 a day plan but none of that seems to be relevant to customer service.  It looks like my only choice is to get a sim only deal from BT..  

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: cannot make calls

Hello

If the SIM was on the PAYG £2.00 a day plan then I am afraid that the information you have been given is correct, this is written in the T&C and if no chargeable call / text is made every 90 days then you loose the number and any credit on the PAYG account.

The other problem you will have is that Virginmedia no longer do PAYG SIM so they would be unable to reinstate the number / SIM.

And yep there is nothing at all Virginmedia can do if you cannot pass security this is the law I am afraid.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Keith772
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot make calls

Thanks Mike, my own fault for not making a call within 90 days. However have talked my way round security to find that they cannot re-activate the PAYG contract so am moving to BT. However VM have refunded the balance of the credit which, to be fair, I thought was very good of them. Interesting that I asked them to move the credit to another VM phone I have but they could not do that.

Regards, Keith.
0 Kudos