cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't access voicemails when abroad

bncsn
Joining in

Hi all,

I have been struggling with this for weeks. I can't access my voicemails from Hungary. Called Virgin, they don't understand the question. 

222 does not work, When I call the usual voicemail number, +447953 222222 it won't be answered or a random private person replies. It used to work fine in the past years. 

Is there a specific number to call? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just an FYI, the mailbox number is now +447458333222 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello bncsm

Sorry to hear of the issues access your voicemail whilst in Hungary, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

I can see from your account you have been able to speak to a member of the team today, was everything covered during this call?

To pick up your messages, access your voicemail, press the # key, and enter your voicemail PIN (which you’ll have set up at home). More information on roaming can be found here

Thanks

Rob

Thanks, Rob

Call Centre was unable to understand my query, they gave me the wrong number, 171 - this the Irish voice mail number, 

I am completely in the dark, must access the voicemails asap

what do you mean "to pick up your messages, access your voicemail, press the # key, and enter your voicemail PIN (which you’ll have set up at home). "

shall I actually tap # and then tap my 4 digit PIN?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just an FYI, the mailbox number is now +447458333222 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

That would be the case bncsn, the PIN should be a four digit number. Can you also try the number provided by BenMcr and let us know if this allows access?

Rob

Thanks - I changed the roaming provider and was able to access +447458333222 (not a private person picked up)

After entering my PIN, the automated voice message said "Good bye for now"

Thanks, the number worked after switching to another provider (originally TelenorHU, now TelekomHU)

After typing the PIN, the automated message said " Good bye for now"

So you weren't able to listen the voicemail bncsn?

Rob

No, unfortunately