cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woeful Customer Service

AndyEW1691
On our wavelength

I have a mobile account for two phones for my kids. One of the mobiles was getting plagued by Virgin Mobile sales reps calling about upgrades. 10 calls in a 14 day period. Despite being told repeatedly by my kid that they are not the account holder and being given my number, they still called my kids mobile. I raised a formal complaint and this is their reply:

Screenshot 2022-10-05 161959.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you're not happy with the response to a complaint to VM, then reply to the "resolution" by rejecting it and asking for a deadlock letter.  With the deadlock letter you take the matter to the industry complaints adjudicator CISAS.  That costs VM money, and if you accept the outcome, then it becomes binding on VM.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you're not happy with the response to a complaint to VM, then reply to the "resolution" by rejecting it and asking for a deadlock letter.  With the deadlock letter you take the matter to the industry complaints adjudicator CISAS.  That costs VM money, and if you accept the outcome, then it becomes binding on VM.  

Thank you for your advice Andrew. I did call Virgin Media and got a blanket ban to all marketing calls on all of my accounts so the problem has been resolved. What annoyed me was the extremely poor quality of the written letter. I have seen 10 year olds write better. The phone call to resolve the complaint took far longer than it should have which I think was due to the agent having trouble understanding the Virgin Media letter.

The reason for posting the letter was just to set peoples expectations of what you can expect from this quality company.

All three of my accounts are now on rolling one month contracts. As soon as I see a better plan with another supplier I'm going to move them.

how good a deal do you want - 8gig data - unlimited texts and calls for £7 - make a group plan and you get 10% off that - open one account and then refer any one and you and the new plan get £10 each as a voucher - amazon - or a few other places

30 day rolling contract

search for Smarty - if you or the kids want more then its all there up to unlimited everything

and if you want a tenner on the first account you open get back to me and i will send you a link

best decision i made on mobile dumping VM

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @AndyEW1691,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you were having issues with marketing calls to your child's number. We can understand the frustration caused. We are however glad you were able to get in contact with our team for a resolution. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

AndyEW1691
On our wavelength

What I don't understand is why nobody has mentioned the quality of the letter I received which is appallingly bad. Yes, I had a problem which was resolved by me withdrawing consent to receiving marketing calls from Virgin Mobile. 

Regardless of the issue, a company the size of Virgin Media should not be sending out gibberish to their clients. That was the point I was trying to make.

Perhaps Virgin Media are happy to send out such badly written letters as they don't care about their clients.

@AndyEW1691 wrote:

Snip….

Perhaps Virgin Media are happy to send out such badly written letters as they don't care about their clients.

Well it might certainly appear so, maybe employing people with a good command of English is more expensive and they would rather use that money for executive pay rises, I mean who could say😉