Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why have Virgin Sales started ringing my mobile again?

Have you had any other services from ourselves? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
SteveW117
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Unsure what you mean - I have Virgin Media phone/broadband/TV and Virgin Mobile.

The only change since that opt-out date is that I am now paying line rental monthly rather than annually (LRS)...not through choice I might add!

I have double-checked my privacy settings for Mobile/Media and both are still set to opt-out of sales calls.

Hope you can assist...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Okay what I will do is private message you to get some more details. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
SteveW117
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will reply when I have all that information to hand.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thank you. MH

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SteveW117
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Since originally posting this the sales calls ceased...but today I just received this text:

"Want to make sure you're on the best possible mobile plan? We do too. So we'll be calling soon, to chat about exclusive customer offers just for you".

Why? My preferences are for no calls and this has been set since August 2018. There is no option above to reject these impending calls - do I just want for my phone to start blinking again every day?

This hasn't happened yet...I hope it doesn't... Why did I get this message? I do not object to hearing about deals but I do not wish to be called!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi there SteveW117 

Welcome back to the forum. thanks for the post. 

If you do get a call from the team then please do let us know, We will be able to check that you remain of the marketing list. 

Thanks 

Zak 

0 Kudos
SteveW117
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Zak, will do!

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 19 of 36
Flag for a moderator

@SteveW117 wrote:

Since originally posting this the sales calls ceased...but today I just received this text:

"Want to make sure you're on the best possible mobile plan? We do too. So we'll be calling soon, to chat about exclusive customer offers just for you".

Why? My preferences are for no calls and this has been set since August 2018. There is no option above to reject these impending calls - do I just want for my phone to start blinking again every day?

This hasn't happened yet...I hope it doesn't... Why did I get this message? I do not object to hearing about deals but I do not wish to be called!

Just received the same text on both my SIM's, been set as NO MARKETING since 2015 by @Kaz_A, online account shows as No Marketing on both the Mobile and Broadband account. This is only 3 months after the last round of texts and phone calls trying to sell Freestyle phones :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
SteveW117
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Like clockwork, I just received the first call from Virgin Sales since getting that text. On past experience I expect to get one or two calls daily for about a week or so before they decide to give up again. Until the next time.

Can you do something? Check my account? You will surely find that the marketing is disabled...what I would really like to know is why Virgin Media is ignoring its own policy, and not just once, repeatedly. I am obviously not the only one affected either.

It's not even like these are third parties (which would be even worse) - they're all coming via the same number...

Please advise!