Menu
nuhcicek
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why Virgin Mobile Retention Team is So Bad.

I've received a call from Virgin Mobile on 10th of Aug 18. Lady informed me that I have a special Discount for a Sim card deal. I've agreed to take it. But find out that I was misinformed about the deal and cancelled it the next day. On the 24th October received a letter stating that I owe £18.00. I've called Virgin Mobile straight away and explained to them what happened. Gentlemen on the other side of the phone assured me all is taking care of and I don't have to worry anymore. And on the 2nd of October, I've received another letter stating that now I owe them £27.00. Call them again and explained to them what happened. Took Gentlemen's name and the time when I called (lesson learned) made a note. And he assured all is taking care and he will call me within 24h to confirm all is ok and gave me ref number. As I didn't receive any call I've called them again after 6 days and Gentlemen "sorry Sir nothing has been done but it's fine I will take care of it for you" (took the date and time written down ) And he gave me another ref number. And he promised me he will call me within 48h to confirm all is good. He told me he needs his Supervisor to approve it first. Yesterday on 19th of November I've received a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Company stating that I owe £27.00 virgin mobile. I've called them again asked for a confirmation email which they informed that they can't do it. Asked If I could speak to their manager and the answer was no. I'm irritated to hear their voice again. I've lost my trust in them. I called them again but I have absolutely no faith in them that they will resolve this issue. They damaged my reputation, my credit score which I was trying so hard to build as I'm planning to apply for a mortgage. I don't know what would be the next step. Any advice? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why Virgin Mobile Retention Team is So Bad.

Hi there nuhcicek, welcome to our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear this has been the level of service you have had when trying to have this issue resolved. It is certainly not what we would expect to hear of.

I would be happy to assist you with this further if you are able to send me a private message with the following details:

• Your mobile number
  • The full name on the account
  • Confirm if you are the account holder

Thanks

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Copthornemike
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

From personal experience always make a note of the date time and full name of the VM person you conversed with. If you are forwarded to another department ask for the full name of the person you called. Note although you often get their first name and always ask for their full name.'

Without a full name it not uncommon that you may end up finding yourself 'fobbed off' when you mention later that you had contacted VM earlier.

I am afraid simply referring to talking to 'a lady' or 'a gentleman' (which shows you are polite :-) however even if VM do not appear to give customers any credit for being polite)  will not be helpful to you on your 'journey' with the VM system which often appears to have a strategy of 'keep customers frustrated and they may give up.'

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Practice?

0 Kudos
nuhcicek
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I always asked the full name but they refused to give me their full name. Not sure if I have a right to ask. Any idea?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@nuhcicek wrote:

I always asked the full name but they refused to give me their full name. Not sure if I have a right to ask. Any idea?

Legally they do not have to. It's their right to privacy.

Its why some companies have name badges like 'Firstname Number' so they are identifiable to the company if needed for whatever reason, but then the customer cannot just go off and facebook someone based on their full name etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question