Menu
30COURT
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Warning to PAYG users abroad

I took out my SIM on arriving in Egypt. I had made sure that my voicemail was turned off and verified that again after returning to UK. That's right I took all precautions by not using my SIM and phone.  Yet I find that my account balance had been pillaged by roaming costs which took over £1 per attempted call even though it would have been impossible to even get a ringing tone. I can't believe this isn't happening to 1000s of other customers.  Do I report this to a regulator or the police; can't believe it is an innocent mistake. 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Warning to PAYG users abroad

the police won't be interested. they will smile and tell you to go on your way.

follow the virgin complaints procedure then if no satisfaction the ombudsman.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for this, 

Have you spoken with our team regarding this issue and if so what have they advised regarding this? 

Nathan B

0 Kudos
30COURT
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks, success at the second attempt.  There was no record of my initial complaint but it is Virgin after all.  And I bet no one at Virgin will lift a finger to establish how this could happen. Those PAYG customers (often your poorest customers) will continue to be fleeced if they don't check their balance on returning from outside the free roaming zone. In future, I'll be removing my SIM before I leave the UK when making such a journey.

0 Kudos