cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt package - O2 Mobile

Johnxp
Tuning in

Negotiated new package deal last month going from Oooomph to Volt, part of this means your ‘unlimited’ mobile within deal has to move from Virgin Mobile to O2, BEWARE I received 8 welcoming emails from O2 and didn't notice one saying every April price will increase by APR + 3.9% (totals 6.9%), so after a month I’ve already lost some of the gains, wasn’t even mentioned by Virgin customer services, no wonder they wanted to allocate as much as £25 to the mobile part of price and DD me separately, shame on you Virgin!

14 REPLIES 14

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Johnxp,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry you were not aware of this. If you are looking to raise a complaint, please do let us know or you can refer to our Complaints Code of Practice for more info.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

funsizescot1975
Tuning in

Hi,

Yeah same here not pleased at all. Didn’t really want the sun in the first place.

‘SIM’ not sun obviously 🙄 

Hi @funsizescot1975,

Sorry to hear you also feel this way regarding your new 02 sim card. Are you able to further expand on the experience you are having so we can better understand and help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Well,

The whole reason we changed our package was to help to mitigate the increase in price re VM. I was given the impression that the only way I could secure the price for my VM broadband tv and phone etc was to accept the O2 sim. I really didn’t want it, the sim I mean, but I accepted it. Now the money I would’ve saved is just added to the O2 sim instead? I haven’t even activated the SIM card. So to say we are not pleased is well an understatement. But now I suppose I’m stuck with not only the £25 sim I won’t use but now I’m stuck with A sim that is going to cost me over £30. Had I known that I wouldn’t have bothered upgrading to Volt in the first place.

I'm sorry funsizescot1975,

At the time of signing up/renegotiating a package the team will advise the full costs as well as send an email confirming.

If you are still within the first 14 days of this new contract and wish to make any changes or cancel this then you would need to speak to our retentions team.

You can reach them on 150/ 0345 454 1111.

Alex_Rm

Hi,

That the sim cost £25 at the time isn’t my issue. My issue is that it is. Is going to cost vastly more. Like I said if I had been advised it was about to leap up so much I wouldn’t have bothered to upgrade. And no I’m not within the 14 day period and also I was under the impression I couldn’t cancel my sim or that would cancel my deal? Did I misunderstand that? 

Hi,

Ok thanks. One question would I be expected to pay a cancellation fee for that? As it is outside the 14 days I thought that would mean I would need to pay the full amount?

Hi @funsizescot1975,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issue. In order to discuss this further, I will send you a Private Message.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team