Menu
Westport
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Voicemails whilst abroad

Hi, I hope someone can offer some advice please. I contacted Virgin Media (mobile phones) before I left the UK for a holiday in Australia in order to deactivate my voicemail whilst away. I received an email the same day thanking me for contacting Virgin Media.

Since I have been here I have received multiple voicemails and expect that these charges will appear on my next bill despite my requesting deactivation of voicemails. I can’t find am email address to contact Virgin directly and don’t want to phone as I’m still in Australia. Can anyone offer some advice please? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemails whilst abroad

You don't get charged when someone leaves you a voicemail.

You will only get charged the appropriate country rate when you listen to them.

Also calling customer services on 789 is free from your phone in Australia.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Westport
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you for your response. It was the customer service operator who told me that I would be charged the overseas rate even if I didn’t listen to them whilst away. Good to know though that this is not the case. She also said that if I phoned 789 from Australia it would be at overseas rates. Hopefully just some crossed wires.

Any idea why Virgin Mobile billing is not accessible from Apple products?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what you mean? There is a Virgin Mobile app available for iOS and the mobile website works on all devices.
0 Kudos
Westport
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Neither my daughter nor I. an log in to our Birgin Mobile accounts via our Apple devices and when I queeied this with Virgin I was informed that it was because we’re using Apple products. I have again a nunber if tines and can’t log in but can do so from a none Apple device. Unfortunately I do not have regukar access to the other device.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As I said, there is no such restriction for Apple devices.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Westport, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - sorry that you were advised as such about your voicemail.

Our Superuser BenMcr has given the correct information. It will not cost you anything to receive voicemail messages; listening to voicemail messages however will be charged at the call rate for the region you're in.

And again, BenMcr is correct, you can indeed call 789 totally free of charge from Australia. Take a look at our roaming information and charges for Australia here: Roaming - Australia

In regard to your online account - what happens when you try and log in? Are you using the Virgin Mobile app? I assure you, we have no restrictions for Apple handsets such as you are advising. 

Please do pop back if you need any further help 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos