cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail pin

Ragroll
Joining in

Hi

I have just arrived in Greece and have a notification of a voicemail, but with no missed call...

When I try to listen to voicemail it asks for a pin, however I cannot recall ever setting a pin, and have never had any issue with voicemail in UK.

How do I listen to voicemail? I suspect it may be a "welcome to Greece" message, as there is no missed call, but I would like to make sure. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ragdoll, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to forums 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you have been having issues, this could be a phantom voicemail depending on your handset, I get them on my iPhone, sometimes, can you confirm your handset, please?
is everything else working fine?

Zoie

Hi Zoe

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A40, and everything else seems fine. I thought it was strange to have a voicemail without a missed call notification, so I think you may be correct about a phantom...

Any idea as to how to get rid of the notification at top of the phone - it won't clear. 

Many thanks

Hi Ragroll, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

If the phone was off or didn't have signal at the time then you may not get a missed call notification. 

To remove the Voicemail notification, just click on the 'i' icon when you expand the notifications > call services > storage > clear data 

This should remove the notification for you. 

Let us know if you need further help 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the message, but unfortunately,  your instructions don't make any sense on my phone. The 'i' icons just give information. 

Notifications > call services > storage> clear data doesn't seem to be a pathway on my Samsung galaxy.

Am I missing something?

Thanks 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Ragroll. 

If the notification is still showing on the handset, is it showing more details of the voicemail when you drag your notifications from the top of the screen? 

To check this just place your finger on the top of the screen and pull down.

If the notification is also showing there, please select clear or delete the notification individually. This should remove the icon from the top of the handset. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks 

Nat

Thanks for your reply, Nat.

The voicemail notification has no details when I swipe down, and the "clear" is greyed out, so I can't tap on that.

I still have the issue of voicemail pin - I don't have any recollection of ever setting one up. Will I need it to access genuine voicemail messages?

It may be unrelated, but ever since I have had this mystery voicemail notification, my battery seems to only last half as long as usual...

Thanks again 

Ragroll 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

I am going to take a look at the voicemail settings from our side so I will pop you over a private message now to grab a few more details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat