cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail pin required, I've never set one ?

Nicola5
Joining in

Currently in Spain. Missed a call from a private number. A voicemail has been left. I can't access my voicemail without a PIN number. But I've never registered a PIN number ? 

I only used voicemail last week and didn't need to PIN number then

74 REPLIES 74

Hi piemandan, 

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies to hear you are still waiting on receiving your PIN. 

I have had a colleague check and they can see it's been reset however it can take 24 hours to receive the text message. Can you confirm you are receiving other text messages? 

If you are then let us know if you've not received anything by this time tomorrow as we may need to raise this up to IT to be checked further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

As it turns out I have only just started to receive sms text messages. I changed the provider and asked my partner to send me one. It came through immediately, but the previous ones haven't it seems. 

Hi piemandan

I've requested this be resent to you, again, it can take up to 24 hours and once received you will need to access the voicemail and reset it to a PIN of your choosing.

Let me know when you get this please 🙂

Rob

Hello, I am on holiday in Czech Republic and need to access my voicemail very urgently, but it is asking me for a pin I didn't set and now it’s blocked. I have tried calling customer service and chatting with you without succes. Can you please help me too?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Natyarr

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to private message you to confirm some details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mogj
Joining in

Hi, help please I’m going round in circles.  I seem to have the same issue. Currently visiting Spain. Have a voicemail, but no pin ever set. Tried the default 7890. 

My issue was never resolved. It turns out you basically have to set a pin in the UK before going anywhere. If you don't set it before you go, there's absolutely no way for you to access your voicemail, despite the info from Virgin. 

Thanks for the useful info. I didn’t even realise you could set a pin for voicemail, let alone only in the UK. Would have been good if virgin highlighted the need 🙃

A bit harsh on Virgin I think.

Customer Services are clueless, granted, was on hold forever.

However, the guys/gals that monitor this thread made it happen within 24h, follow their instructions (you will receive a private message for authentication) and all will be fine.

The fact that forum moderators are needed to resolve the issue though says a lot about the disorganisation of the firm (and I have been a customer for the best part of 20 years, back when it was Telewest).

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @piemandan

Sorry to hear your issue was never resolved.

Did you not receive the text to reset your PIN at all, despite our request to resend it?

Please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Serena