cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin mobile CHAT helpline has now attained worse customer service than Scottish Power - WOW!

Omen_Data_Syste
On our wavelength

I went on chat on Friday night starting at 17:44 to get the balances on my two pay as you go virgin mobiles refunded before Virgin removes pay as you go - it ended at 21:44 without resolution and the utter worst customer service I have ever experienced!

Believe it or not this conversation lasted until 21:44 during which time I had 3 separate call centre muffins tell me and i quote "My shift is coming to an end i will pass you to another excellent colleague who will help" - it took 20 minutes on average wait time to swap to the new "colleague" not only that but has anyone noticed how slow it takes them to actually reply to anything you type on average i would say 5 minutes between replies - absolutely ridiculous!

To top it all we got to 21:44 and asked me to submit my credit card details via a secure form upon which the colleague told me "the system had crashed and could not perform the transfer" - her "tools" also crashed twice during the call and finally she said it was nearly ten o clock and they were shutting down so would i phone back on Monday instead of chat - Utterly mind blowingly unbelievable - OVER 4 HOURS to do a task that should take any UK call centre 15 mins tops!

Thankfully I have saved the whole conversation to prove how bad it is and see what Virgin management have to say when i make a formal complaint as this level of service is just pure bonkers mad!

Contacted them again on Chat today and the situation was just as bad it took them over and hour and a half to finally complete this simple task?

Is it just me or is there something seriously wrong with Virgin, everything seems to about the money and ZERO customer service?

10 REPLIES 10

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Omen_Data_Syste thanks for posting.

I am really sorry to hear of your live chat experiences.  I would like to help you resolve the issues or take a look at the issue on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Here is the pitiful response from the compaint I made - In other words do nothing they have closed it already so its on to the Sun newspaper and social media to shame Virgin as it seems the only way to get some action!

Customer account number: 0xxxxxx760
Complaint reference: C-071121198
Date:
 07/11/2021

Hello xxxxy xxxxxell,

Thanks so much for the chat on 07/11/2021. We’re very happy to be able to resolve things for you.

Here's a quick recap

Your complaint was:
Mobile Customer Experience > Long Wait times 

And here’s what we agreed:
Customer Experience > Internal feedback provided

We’ve now closed your complaint. Thanks again for bearing with us.

Stay on top of your services

To make the most of your time with us, make sure you’ve downloaded the My Virgin Media app. With it, you can manage your bills with a tap and a swipe, check the service status in your area, find out when we expect any known problems will be fixed, diagnose issues with your in-home equipment, and loads more.

Here is an example of the wait time between replies and it was the same on Friday as it was today so it is either a network or system problem - From what the girl in the Phillipines and Indian call centres told me it is a problem with their "tools" ie they are probably running Windows NT on a 802286 with 1mb ram!

The utter disregard for customers and leaving at the end of my shift was given to me 3 separate times by 3 different colleagues leaving em to wait 20 mins between transfers to antoher colleague - unbelievable!

Joan
 - 10:14
My sincere apologies for the delayed response,  and I'm making sure that I've documented everything in here.

Great news! You've passed security. Let me go ahead and review your account here. Please bear with me.
10:14
The lady was about to finish the transfer to my payment card on friday when your systems crashed for the 3rd time
during our conversation

ALL I NEED IS THOSE BALANCES REFUNDED TO MY PAYMENT CARD

Before you close the pay as you go tariff in january

Lady was about to do it with another sub form on friday i sumbitted info and then your systems crashed for the 3rd time

I had 3 of you leave the conversation as it was the end of your shift - terrible customer service as it took 20-30mins to get another person on the line

The details are actually still attached to this conversation we are having i dont know if you can see what i can see but i can see my conversation with you from Friday all 3hours and 40 minutes of it

So can w please get this sorted asap

Thank you for waiting patiently,  I've checked that we've tried to process the refund last 5th of November and that didn't go through due to the error and I'm sorry if you have to get back to have this sorted out.

The great news is we can transfer you now to one of our amazing colleagues who would be able to process the refund for both PAYG numbers. Don't worry, I've already documented here that we've tried to process it last time but it didn't go through due to the error. I'll transfer you through now and our fantastic team are excited to help you further.

Please stay connected. Thanks for getting in touch. Have a lovely day!
Info
 - 10:27
Hold fire. We're getting you connected.

+ Account Holder
 - 10:28
Oh no not another transfer you did this last time 5 times

Why cant you do it

let me guess its the end of your shift
10:28
This is truly dreadful customer service it really is

We're here if you wish us to try and help you Omen_Data_Syste

Regards

Lee_R

asim18
Fibre optic

@Omen_Data_Syste wrote:

Is it just me or is there something seriously wrong with Virgin, everything seems to about the money and ZERO customer service?

Nope it's not just you. In my experience I have also noticed that VM takes days, months, even YEARS sometimes to complete basic administrative duties which should take 2-3 minutes tops.

But this is what it's about these days. It's a choice between the executives  paying themselves the most money for the least work and buying Lambos for himself and his mates, or spending the money providing proper customer service. Most CEOs these days will care more about getting a quick Lambo than providing a proper service to customers.

This is a huge problem with all industries. Nowadays all companies are getting taken over by corporates who don't know anything at all about the product, they only care about the profit and the Lambos.

Take Bill Gates for example, he was CEO of his own company and he understood all his products, these days I know people who are "trying" to become CEOs and all they have under their belts are some cheap finance qualifications and absolutely no knowledge of anything!

I should have mentioned in my experience it's usually the overseas call centres who are giving a bad rep for customer services. And I guess the live chat service is manned by the same centre.

Also I think the forum team is absolutely brilliant and a real credit to VM! Sometimes it feels as if the forum team are the only ones who seem to have internal communication with the rest of Virgin Media!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @Omen_Data_Syste

We would really like to assist you with getting this resolved, I can see that lee has PM'ed you. 

If you would like the additional assistance then please do reply to him and we would be only to happy to help.

Sorry once again for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Yip sadly so, the only way things seem to get sorted is by shaming them and putting it on social meda problem is I dont really use it much as it is such a time waster and I only have 7 Instagram followers lol Gave up using facesplat or **bleep**ter , you just seem to end up arguing with people and the one upmanship and proving who has the biggest member on social media its actual quite tiresome and a complete waste of time but it does have advantages when it comes to shaming the big companies.

I phoned the Watchdog TV programme yesterday and they seem interested and have asked me to send a full transcript of the chat so they can see if they might contact Virgin to find out why the overseas call centres are so bad!

And yes I do agree certain guys on this forum from the last time I was a member of Virgin i recall being the only ones who could actually action stuff and had decent technical knowledge and knew their Dslam from their green box!

Alternatives are the usual Sun newspaper although I doubt they would take the story up but fingers crossed Watchdog might do it.

Might Try the Martin Lewis money show he is always up for a challenge and sticking it to the man!

Well Virgin media sent me an email and basically said they have logged the case but have closed it lol

Wonderful bot automation!

No customer service or even an apology would have been nice!