cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media cisas

Aaronsearson
Joining in

Hello, I recently won a case with cisas due to issues that were no fault of my own in my virgin account, I have since contacted virgin to get a better idea of when the compensation payment will be made and the derogatory marks taken of my credit profile as per the ruling, I have been ignored by your customer service team after being transferred to the “correct department” can someone please advise what is going on as this is affecting my credit rating.

thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

i think you need to go back to CISAS for them to resolve it but am not 100% sure - will ask @Andrew-G who i think will have a better idea than my guess

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Aaronsearson,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

If the complaint has been resolved via CISAS then once they advise of an outcome they'll apply it to the necessary account.

When was the outcome advised?

Thanks,

Kain

Yes it has been advised but I haven’t received any further info or and remission alongside the account still showing on my credit file despite being closed 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response, 

Once the CISAS team relay the outcome to the necessary account it will be applied.

Thanks for your patience during this time,

Kain

They have relayed the response virgin had 20 days to respond and haven’t 

@Aaronsearson wrote:

They have relayed the response virgin had 20 days to respond and haven’t 

go back to CISAS and make a further complaint tell them you want further compensation for the slack setup VM is

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Aaronsearson,

Thank you for coming back to us about this ongoing issue. I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you via Private Message.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@-tony- wrote:

i think you need to go back to CISAS for them to resolve it but am not 100% sure - will ask @Andrew-G who i think will have a better idea than my guess

CISAS can give VM a poke with a sharp stick, and although they can't technically enforce an adjudication, they've got some scope, such as threatening to suspend VM's membership of the CISAS scheme - see 4.6 in the CISAS scheme rules.  So that's your starting point - report non-compliance to CISAS.  Under Ofcom's General Conditions, para 4.3b requires that telcos comply with an adjudication.  Failure to do so means they are in breach of the General Conditions, and Ofcom can apply the sanctions defined in the Communications Act 2003.  And this isn't a first time for the clowns who run VM - in March 2021 they were given a formal warning by Ofcom for non-compliance with CISAS adjudications.  

I'd also recommend that complaint is lodged with Ofcom about VM's poor handling of complaints and subsequent failure to comply with an adjudication.  Ofcom still won't get involved in the detail of your complaint, but it'll at least give their CEO something to talk about next time he visits Ofcom other than his dreadful 1970s haircut.