Menu
DeeOC
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Recycle - COMPLAINT!!

To whom this may concern,

I decided to take up an offer of an upgrade with my mobile phone recently. I am waiting for £280 to be credited to my account after sending my phone to Virgin Recycle.

My phone was sent, received and processed in a timely manner - which according to the reviews of the service is fairly good. A week ago I received a message to say it was all going through and the money would be in my account within 3 working days ( which is different information provided by the website which states all payments are 'faster payments').

I have emailed the recycle team to no avail, I haven't even had so much as a response. I have called the number provided several times and spoken with Anna - who I must say is lovely and very helpful. But unfortunately she is not the one who can put the payment in my account!!! I called Monday and was told the money would go in Tuesday - it didn't. I called yesterday and was told the accounts team were all at meetings and it would be processed today - it hasn't.

I am absolutely furious! This is not just a few pounds - this is almost £300 that I could really use due to it being my daughters birthday on Sunday. Had i known the service would be so slow I would've just sold the phone myself!! I do not want to hear that you can't help, I do not want to hear that I need to go back through the recycle team - I would like someone to contact me and give me straight answer as to when my money will be in my account.

My virgin media services including 3 phones and TV are near £200 a month. If i withheld my money for these services and simply said that i had been in meetings all day, or that I was busy do you think you would still be providing me with those services?

0 Kudos
Jossey999
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Recycle - COMPLAINT!!

Have you got paid yet. I am having the same problem they received my phone on 15th November and it’s now 23rd. An email I received said I would be paid  in 24 hours. Tried emailing them but it takes 48 hours for a response and they are looking into it but that was Monday. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

have a read here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Recycled-phone/td-p/3878076

some help maybe?

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi DeeOC, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some issues when it comes to recycling your phone and the experience you've had when trying to resolve this. 

I can assure you this ins't the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to learn of instances like this. 

Have you had your payment since your post? If so that's brilliant. 

If not please pop me a personal message so we can take a closer look. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos