cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile Account Registration Problem

crampet
Joining in

Hi,

When trying to register for a new Virgin Mobile account, after entering my Mobile Number, the next screen asks me to enter digits from my security answer but I have never set one up.  My SIM came with my Oomph Virgin Media Package and there were no codes or specific instructions on how to set up the account.

In the instructions for registering it says after I give my Mobile Number, I should receive a text with a code. I have tried several times and have never received a code. Is this the issue?

73 REPLIES 73

Thanks for your post, graeme81,

The password would have been created at the point of sale, if the SIM is linked to your media account then it will be the same password you use for your media account.

I've sent you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Have 2 problems. Despite repeated attempts using various laptops and phones, and different browsers, have still not been able to access Virgin Mobile sim account online. Recently upgraded to Oomph, so got the mobile added to the package. Even spent some time on the phone with the mobile team, and they sent through emails but was still unsuccessful. From the comments here on the forum, this doesn't appear to be an isolated incident.

Also on a secondary point, Have just noticed that the mobile contract (element of the package) is wrongly titled. VIrgin Mobile have my FIrst name is wrong. Quite how this has happened, when they have the correct spelling of my name, for the Landline, BB, and TV services is beyond me.

Would appreciate it if someone could offer suggestions, as to how to resolve both issues.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Scotty2

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing. I would be happy to look in to this further for you. 

I'll pop you over a private message now and you will be able to access this vi the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Hello, I'm trying to register my Virgin Mobile account but I can't do that. The sim was added when upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph. I've tried the password from my Virgin media account but didn't work. Yesterday I called and setup a password by phone which was supposed to work today but it didn't. Could someone please help me with that? Thank you.

Hi Natalie,

I have the same problem where I get the CAPTCHA check over and over. I called the 789 and they said it's a known issue and will be resolved in a couple of days, no luck there.

Called again and they sent me a series of help emails which did not work again.

would you be able to assist please?

Thanks,

Kian

Hi kianoushi

Sorry to hear about this

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth, the call centre managed to fix it after 4 attempts. 

Thanks for the update kianoushi

Glad to hear its all been fixed for you ^GT

Thanks that no one answered to my query since May but when someone else just posted in here was asked if he needs help. Great "support" in here. Luckily I've solved that by myself months ago.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @IoanaNeacsu

I am so sorry to hear that you did not receive a response in this thread. We always recommend creating your own thread for issues you are having, this is the best way for us to offer support. I'm glad to hear your mobile account registration issue has been solved. Apologies for any disappointment caused by the lack of response you received on the Forum.

Kind regards,

Serena