cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile Account Registration Problem

crampet
Joining in

Hi,

When trying to register for a new Virgin Mobile account, after entering my Mobile Number, the next screen asks me to enter digits from my security answer but I have never set one up.  My SIM came with my Oomph Virgin Media Package and there were no codes or specific instructions on how to set up the account.

In the instructions for registering it says after I give my Mobile Number, I should receive a text with a code. I have tried several times and have never received a code. Is this the issue?

73 REPLIES 73

Hi 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Can you see if these steps help here

Security answer would be the same as your cable account 🙂

Let me know if you have any joy.

Alex_Rm

I've tried that and also tried the same answer as the one that's on my other account and that doesn't work I even tried ringing today and that wasn't much help when trying to sort then tried ringing back and got told the call centres didn't shut til 6 and couldn't get through to anyone before half 5 was just getting the call ended constantly. surely there is a way to resolve this easily online.

Hi emmalouise077, 

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear this hadn't worked for you. I'll send you a PM to get your mobile account details.

Cheers

Corey C

rikka
Tuning in

Hi

I'm also having an issue with registering a number. I've filled in the number field but no verification text has been sent. Can someone help please!

Thanks,

Rick

Hi,

I too have a PAC code to transfer but when i go to register its asking for answer to security question even though i've not set one up yet??

Can anybody help....it's driving me mad!!

Hi 3sunrises

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

The security question is often the telephone memorable word if that helps?

If not, let me know and I'll be more than happy to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ramshead
Joining in

I'm having the exact same problems too! Got a sim with my tv & fibre bundle. When I try and register it asks for mothers maiden name which I've not even given yet. It doesn't accept maiden name I type in or my main virgin media web or telephone password, which I've tried case sensitive and in all caps as per advice on this thread.

Why do they set the accounts up like this, it's insane!?

Please help, I just need to log in so I can transfer my old number to Virgin.

Matt

Hey there ramshead / Matt,

I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with your online mobile account. The Mobile account on our end would have been set up for you as part of the cable and mobile bundle but I'll send you a Private Message so I can grab some details so I can take a look for you.

Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

Graemez1000
Joining in

Hi I don't seem to be able to register for my mobile account. 

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Graemez1000

Thanks for your post. Welcome to our community 🙂 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with opening a mobile account. Can you advise what happens when you try to register? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide