cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Amend My Credit File

Shaida101
Joining in

Why is it so difficult trying to explain to virgin media that the mobile I never owned or used is still showing on my credit file. The only time I found out about this mobile debt was from debt collection agency. Virgin media accepted fault but the credit file is still not resolved. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You might need to contact the ICO, since inaccurate credit information by a company to a credit reference agency is a breach of applicable data protection laws.  https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/credit/#file

I'll flag for the forum staff in the hope they can kick somebody's behind to get this resolved without you needing to press the nuclear button. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You might need to contact the ICO, since inaccurate credit information by a company to a credit reference agency is a breach of applicable data protection laws.  https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/credit/#file

I'll flag for the forum staff in the hope they can kick somebody's behind to get this resolved without you needing to press the nuclear button. 

Thank you for the advice Andrew-G, I never knew something so simply can be so difficult.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Shaida101,

Thanks for posting to our forum page and sorry to see your credit file issue has not been resolved.
In order to help with this, I will shortly send you a PM.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey thanks for replying, Shaida101,

Please view my new private message sent.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs