cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victim of fraud

Jackmurphy18
Joining in
I am currently in the process of buying a house via a mortgage and around 2 weeks ago I failed a credit check with certain vendors because of my Equifax Credit Rating. Upon further investigation of this credit file, we noticed there is an account with Virgin Mobile from 2015 which is in arrears of £26 and this is severely affecting my credit score. This was strange because I have never had a Virgin Mobile account. 

So I called Equifax and told them I'd like this to be removed from my credit file as this is a fraudulent account and it should not belong on there. Equifax told me the information on it's files are provided and owned by it's lenders, therefore any information on there would need to be changed by Virgin Mobile directly.

So I called Virgin Mobile. I spoke to an Agent by the name of Sarah who tried her best to grasp what I was saying but then proceeded to ask me for my password to the account so she could take a closer look. I politely reminded Sarah that this account was opened fraudulently in my name so I would not have any access details to it. She then said she would need to progress it through to the "back office" and they would take a look, I would be notified in 14 days. She also told me to email CreditFileAmendments@VirginMedia.co.uk which I have done.

So on 11th November I had still not been notified by Virgin Mobile "Back Office" or Credit File Amendments so I rang Virgin again and got told to email again but I’m not getting know where doing that. 

I would like to add also back in 2015 I was aged 12 as I’ve just turned 18 recently in August so I’ve been a victim of fraud 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jackmurphy18,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear there is a mobile account you don't have any recollection of having and believe to be fraud, as you already advised you don't have any information aro9und this, was a fraud form filled in when you called us?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jackmurphy18,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear there is a mobile account you don't have any recollection of having and believe to be fraud, as you already advised you don't have any information aro9und this, was a fraud form filled in when you called us?

Regards

Paul.

hi there I was told to email the email they gave me but they never contacted me back and the adviser I spoke to couldn’t do nothing as she couldn’t gain access to the account 

Thanks for coming back to us @Jackmurphy18

Can you confirm what date you E-Mailed the Credit File Amendments team?

You may not formally receive a response from this account, but if this has been acted upon, your credit file would be amended in approximately a 6 week period.

In regards to the account, with all customers we have to legally run through data protection and therefore if this is not passed, we cannot offer information from the account

As per my colleague previously asked, are you aware of a Fraud form being filed by our team when you called us?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi I sent the email on the 18/09/21 and no im not aware if the adviser filled out a aware of a Fraud form being filed out 

Does your credit file indicate any references in regards to the mobile account at all Jackmurphy18? This would help us locate the account and investigate this further.

Rob

Hi I can see it on 2 credit agencies I can see the last 4 number of the account number I have a screenshot of it

Thank you for your response @Jackmurphy18.

In this case, in order to further investigate this for you, I have sent you a private message.

Please lookout for the purple envelope on the top righthand corner and provide a response when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs